Dual screen laptop config

I would like to have a dual screen laptop like this:

Any possibility for this?

Thank you

2 Likes

Framework typically doesn’t announce products until they’re almost ready. As for dual screens, it’s still a very niche product but you could see it later down the line when framework is a bigger and more mature company.

2 Likes

Any reliable partners or 3rd party links?

They might have something?

Not that I’m aware of

Is that any chance this option will be available as a touch screen?

Could the mods merge this with Dual screen laptop config please

I would like something like this.

This is exactly what I’d like to see. Replace the base keyboard and mouse with a screen. I know it isn’t quite as simple as copy/paste the top magnetic schematic to the base, but we do have the info to attach the screen already.

I am probably in the minority in not needing a keyboard/mouse on the laptop (I use something like this, only wireless: Dilemma - Prebuilt (preorder) - Bastard Keyboards - Open-source Ergonomic Innovation )

A lot of people probably have, or would be OK with a separate keyboard/trackpad anyway. Some combo of these new low profile keyboards from nuphy or keychron and a wireless trackpad.

I eye that laptop every week, but like framework’s model and don’t want to get any more personal compute that isn’t framework. I also eye the Minisforum V3 a lot, as it has great linux support, and would be basically a portable screen…just one though.

I have thought about the V3 as a second screen for the framework too, since it has a displaylink input, but still struggle that it isn’t in the framework ecosystem.

I have no CAD or 3d printing skills or capabilities, so it’d be tough for me to actually construct this, but I’m on the cusp of trying. If there were a kit that was basically buy a second screen from the marketplace, and a new bottom chassis, I would definitely be getting it.

I’ve seen a few posts about some usb to edp connections, which may fit in an expansion slot, or if there are more usb/dp headers somewhere on the MB or something that could be used instead of sucking up a usb port, that would be awesome.

It could also be replicated for the 16.