Framework Laptop 16 Batch Shipment Chart

UPDATE 6-11-2024: Batch 20 Arrivals Yesterday

Batch 20 started arriving yesterday in other timezones, but it was the middle of the night for me before any messages were posted to the forums here. Congrats to everyone with a new laptop, and hopefully shipping for the rest of batch 20 doesn’t take too long!

Batch 21, I’m keeping an eye on you! I don’t want to miss the final updates!

Deltas Chart

Average Email-Card Delta: 4.5
Average Card-Arrival Delta: 3.4
Average Batch-Batch Delta (Excluding Batch 1-4): 4.9

Data is gathered from the FW16 Batch guilds here on the Framework Forums.
The Google Sheet containing all the data and charts is linked in the first post of this topic.

6 Likes

Given the average deltas, mine should arrive just a couple of days after my birthday. Great timing!

2 Likes

Batch 21 Card Charges!

1 Like

UPDATE 6-12-2024: Batch 21 Charged

Batch 21 just got their cards charged today, some of you in close range may start getting arrivals by Friday, but most arrivals will probably be early next week! However, it’s a great time to start frantically refreshing your inbox for that tracking number!

Also, Framework updated the website: the Framework Laptop 16 has officially left preorder! New laptops can now be purchased directly with expected shipping in 1-2 weeks! Congratulations, Framework!

Deltas Chart

Average Email-Card Delta: 4.4

The Google Sheet containing all the data and charts is linked in the first post of this topic.

9 Likes

the page for the laptop 16 now says “ships within 1-2 weeks”

presuming thatll go down a bit once batch 21 is all shipped

if we needed any more confirmation that 21 was the last batch, this is it lol

1 Like

It was so fun to watch this for the past 17 batches, I think you sent the expectations very well TwigGlenn, thank you so much for doing this for the past 3 months!

7 Likes

Hi

i was wandering, will i get notified that my laptop was shipped?
i’m in batch 20, card was charged on friday with email that my purchase needs to be manually reviewed, on wednesday i got another email that was very vague but it seems that they approved my purchase.
But i don’t have any information if the laptop was shipped

if all else fails, you can check at the orders page for your account, and if it’s shipped, there’ll be a track order link right next to the order status.

1 Like

My order still says pre-order placed, and based on speed of delivery of others i thought that they must have at least shipped it by now.

Several people including me didn’t get a shipped email, but found it via Fedex tracking. Try your order number as reference number. My order page still only says preorder confirmed. Read the Batch 20 Guild post of the last day for reference :wink:

1 Like

Anyone know anything about the shipping process? Mine (batch 21) has said that it’s been on “clearance delay, import” for a few days now. I know this is customs related, and that there isn’t a standard amount of time it lasts, but I’m not sure what to expect, or when it will have been long enough to be worth trying to contact FedEx/framework.

Mine (b16) had the same delay, took 4 days to spring free, and then it was just before the memorial day holiday weekend so a total of 8 days in transit… Hopefully you will have better luck :crossed_fingers:

UPDATE 6-18-2024: Batch 21 Arrivals: Celebration!

The first laptops of batch 21 have arrived and the Framework Laptop 16 pre-order phase is finally complete (or will be, once the rest of batch 21 arrives)! Congrats to everyone who now has one of these amazing laptops, and I hope you all get to keep enjoying it for a long time! Now we wait for future mainboard and expansion bay upgrades to be announced!

I’m currently planning to start a new run of these charts (in a new topic) when the Intel Core Ultra mainboards for the Framework Laptop 13 start shipping, so come stop by when that happens if you’re curious!

Thank you to all of you who participated in this topic, and an even bigger thanks to those posting updates to their batch’s topics and commenting on my spreadsheet, this project would not have survived without your posts. Also thanks to the Reddit user who made charts for one of the Laptop 13 mainboards. I cannot find them as they deleted their posts with the charts, but they were my biggest inspiration for this project.

Deltas Chart

Average Email-Card Delta: 4.4

The Google Sheet containing all the data and charts is linked below.

16 Likes