Framework Laptop 16 Batch Shipment Chart

Can I ask how to interpret the delta results? Seems like all deltas are the same date but it should be a number.

Is it the second X Axis?

1 Like

There are numbers on the right side :wink:

1 Like

Wait, what?! Oy. Well, hopefully everybody is OK over there, and then yeah, I’m hoping delay isn’t too big :confused:

1 Like

@Anthony_Van_de_Gejuc is right, the second vertical axis is the length of the deltas in days. I’m labeling that in the Sheet now so it’ll be in the next update.

Somehow I overlooked your comment until just now so I’ve missed the editing window… I’m just going to pretend everything is fine and as it should be. please dont tell anyone

4 Likes

Nice work Glenn thanks so much. I’m b16 so made a copy and projected the trend out to b11-20 for fun.

I posted a little table in our sub showing potential dates of Heads-up Email.

Recent trend shows a new batch every week, but now with the Taiwan situation we’ll have to see.

1 Like

Awesome! I’m glad people are finding this useful! Here’s to hoping everyone at Framework Taiwan is safe!

2 Likes

Batch 8

I just got an email from my credit card saying Framework charged it. No email from Framework yet about payment.

2 Likes

UPDATE 4-4-2024: Batch 8 Cards Charged

With the recent earthquake in Taiwan, this is a good sign from Framework that everyone is safe and they’ve got their factory back in business for production. Batch 8 should be expecting shipping emails and tracking numbers soon, with arrivals just around the corner!

Deltas Chart

The deltas are fairly stable now, Framework’s got their stuff going smoothly. No change to the average deltas since last update.

Average Email-Card Delta: 4.1
Average Card-Arrival Delta: 3.3

9 Likes

So when do you think the other batches are going to arrive?

1 Like

Just got my batch prep email for batch 9!!!

3 Likes

Also got my batch 9 prep email

I think the earthquake probably delayed things by possibly 1 day which is incredible considering how bad it was.

2 Likes

Same here!

1 Like

UPDATE 4-5-2024: Batch 9 Emails Sent

Batch 9 just got their preparation emails today, now it’s the waiting game for them! I’ve also started graphing the batch-to-batch timing on the Deltas Chart (counting days from batch N-1 to batch N prep emails), so we can better see those intervals. Besides the two outliers early in production, FW has recently been keeping stable on the 5 business days interval they targeted in the eighth shipment update.

Deltas Chart

The overlapping trendlines from the last graph are fixed thanks to batch 9 pulling down the prep email line with only 5 days between batch 8’s email and batch 9’s email. The new batch-batch delta has a downward turn at the end, but that’s an artifact of the moving average letting go of the delta from batch 6.

Average Email-Card Delta: 4.1
Average Card-Arrival Delta: 3.3

14 Likes

Glad to see the inflection point! Order fulfillment is accelerated!

1 Like

Batch 10 here, getting hyped because i’ll probably receive the Email next week.
Cant wait to get my hands on my own FW16.

4 Likes

Just posted my weekly summary on Reddit, and I’ve got a little prediction for future batches: If the timings stay consistent, the current batch live on the FW16 order page, batch 19, could be getting their prep emails near the start of June!

12 Likes

Next email and next week at home?

I like it that the chart shows you will be charged before the preperation email after batch 13.

7 Likes

“We’re taking your money and not telling you why for a few days, but you’ll know. And you’ll be happy.”

17 Likes