Framework Laptop 16 Batch Shipment Chart

UPDATE 4-16-2024: Batch 9 Arrivals Yesterday, Batch 10 Charges, and Batch 11 Emails

Framework is starting off this week fast with three announcements by Tuesday! Batch 9 got their first laptop arrivals yesterday and while thinking I would wait until evening for any further announcements yesterday, I got distracted and forgot to post the update, sorry! Today batch 10 got their cards charged, so their laptops should be arriving at the end of this week or early next week! Batch 11 also got their batch prep emails, so their laptops will soon be on the way.

Last weekend I added a chart to my Sheet that properly handles arbitrary predictions, currently forecasting to batch 19, the current preorder batch on the store. This chart will now be on every update here and on Reddit, where it debuted for the last Weekly Summary. I also wrote a script to automate downloading the charts that integrates with another script to convert PDF documents to PNG images, so it’s now much easier to grab all the charts for each update here!

Deltas Chart

Average Email-Card Delta: 4.3
Average Card-Arrival Delta: 3.3

Far Predictions

22 Likes

so it actually looks like Framework should be able to fulfill their promise of shipping all preorders in Q2, if they adhere to their current trend (and nothing catastrophic happens)

i said nothing

9 Likes

YARN | Don't jinx it. Don't jinx it. | Seinfeld (1993) - S08E11 The Little Jerry | Video clips by quotes | e0115e96 | 紗

20 Likes

Well played meme there.

4 Likes

On that note, my pre-order now says:
Free Shipping: Batch 17 - Ships May

5 Likes

That’s good, because I didn’t read it. But I’m very excited! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, Twig. You’re my top news source these days… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m almost afraid that my FW16 will get to me too soon! If I get an email Monday, and then charged a day or two later, and ships within a day or so, I’m afraid I might get it when I’m actually not home! I’m gone all next week until Friday night. The only time I’ve ever wanted something to be a few days delayed, lol. I’ll probably be fine, get my prep email mid/late next week, which means the following week I’ll get it.

1 Like

Me too

So batch-batch-delta is time between batches correct? So latest trend is new batch every 4 days… eek

B16 could come way quicker than I expected… meaning I need to pick up the pace playing with distros and make a damn decision lol

2 Likes

As far as I know, they will keep it at a shop for 5 days, so you can get it there. If you need more time, you should open an account and tell them to deliver it at a specified date, it will stay at a hub for the time being, but longer than 5 days if necessary.

2 Likes

No way I’ll happily have it sooner so I can sit and stare at it lol

That was an answer to Aaron_Baff :wink: If you’re at home, while it arrives, congratulations to your new repairable notebook :smiley:

2 Likes

oops trigger fingers :sweat_smile:

Yeah, if I get shipping notification I’ll pay the money (seriously UPS/FedEx, ugh) to get them to hold a day or two, or specifically deliver when I’m at home.

1 Like

Anyone who has theirs, what shipping company was used? A variety? Or do they seem to be using just one?

1 Like

I think they oniy use FedEx.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! Mine is batch 15 and says that too. I hadn’t checked for a few days, and I’m really excited :grin:

1 Like

I think you’re probably right that they ship out using FedEx, but local delivery can still vary. For example here in Australia a lot of the courier companies seem to have agreements with AusPost for last mile delivery.

1 Like

Hey Comrade_Stiv
Elevated Systems posted a YouTube video reviewing 4 alternate distros:

DISTRO - Desktop
1 Linux Mint - Cinnamon
2 Pop!_OS - Gnome
3 Arch Based:
- Garuda - KDE dragonize
- Arco - xfce

So there might be some community interest in your findings regarding linux distro comparisons and decision.

Do we have a “Adventures with Alternate Distros” blog ? :slightly_smiling_face:

I’d also be interested if there was a
“Multiple Boot Fun” blog :grinning:
and a
blog for “Grub Rescue Escapades” :smiley:

5 Likes