Framework Laptop 16 Batch Shipment Chart

Hey new update, batch 20 started!

3 Likes

Ooh, I’ll add that to the sheet.

1 Like

I’ve published the code I use for automatically downloading these charts, just in case anyone here wants to do a similar thing for another project! This is currently Linux only and has been tested on Xubuntu 23.10 and a Ubuntu 23.04 VM, but should work on any modern Ubuntu derivative and maybe more. I have no plans for Windows support, but will accept pull requests if someone who knows about using Selenium on Windows really wants to do it.

4 Likes

batch 12 and its shipping
image_2024-04-26_015445371

8 Likes

My computer from batch 12 arrived today just an hour ago!

4 Likes

Ooh … and I don’t even have a shipping email yet … :sob: :sob:

2 Likes

if it can reassure you, there were 7 days between the confirmation email and the arrival of my computer

1 Like

but I was lucky, it was supposed to arrive on Friday

1 Like

UPDATE 4-29-2024: Batch 12 Arrivals

Some of the first batch 12 laptops have arrived today, batch 13 charges and 14 emails should be just around the corner!

Deltas Chart

Average Email-Card Delta: 4.3
Average Card-Arrival Delta: 3.5
Average Batch-Batch Delta (Excluding Batch 1-4): 4.9

Far Predictions

Data is gathered from the FW16 Batch guilds here on the Framework Forums.
The Google Sheet containing all the data and charts is linked in the first post of this topic.

7 Likes

This is my favorite thread on the site right now. The charts are building, but managing, my anticipation. I look for new posts here several times a day :joy:. Now I just have to hope the laptop lives up to it’s hype.

Oh yeah… What’s the warranty on this thing?

7 Likes

This is the definitely the best thread in my opinion too! I check my email constantly hoping for another update from here lol. I’m thinking it’s probably time I move the funds into my checkings as I’m in batch 15 and it seems to be coming very soon

4 Likes

I love looking at the far predictions graph, partly because im in batch 19, and partly because its funny to think how in this case batch 20 would seem to have theirs arrive before the heads up email

6 Likes

I mean, I think because of the slightly different extrapolations and the subsequent crossing of the three fit lines (which obviously is nonsensical) the plot should be done by averaging all three trendline slopes and charting that average for all three. This would make a lot more sense.

2 Likes

Just got my Batch 12! USA if it matters, after some customs clearance delay from a Friday afternoon, and then FedEx being slow getting it to me.

3 Likes

Batch 14 mails just dropped

5 Likes

Also got my Batch 14!

3 Likes

I can’t wait to see the next chart. Batch 13 got our first cards charged (that’s me!) and Batch 14 got their prep emails.

2 Likes

UPDATE 5-01-2024: Batch 13 Cards Charged and Batch 14 Emails

Batch 13’s cards were charged today, so their laptops should start arriving early next week! Batch 14 also got their batch prep email!

Deltas Chart

Average Email-Card Delta: 4.4
Average Card-Arrival Delta: 3.5
Average Batch-Batch Delta (Excluding Batch 1-4): 4.9

Far Predictions

Data is gathered from the FW16 Batch guilds here on the Framework Forums.
The Google Sheet containing all the data and charts is linked in the first post of this topic.

8 Likes

Got my Batch 12 at 11:24 AM today, May 1.
Am using it right now on Linux Mint, Edge version.
Screen is great, volume is louder than my HP X-360.
Still have a lot of data to move, and some FrameWork features to figure out. But things are going great.
I will try Ubuntu later, and later yet some VMs, which I should have plenty of RAM to make that happen (64GB)
I did make a probably crappy video of me putting it together, for personal posterity.

2 Likes

Batch 13 just charged, although I didn’t get a notification email yet for the charge. It’s pending on my credit card, though.
Yippee!

2 Likes