FW13 Pro Batch 5 Guild

Since shipping notifications are going out to batch 1 :smiley: I not found this batch.

My config:

System: Ryzen™ AI 9 HX 370

Customization

  • Laptop Bezel: Framework Laptop 13 Bezel - Translucent Black
  • Keyboard: US English International - Graphite
  • Power Adapter: N/A

Expansion Cards

  • 2 x USB-C (Aluminum - Graphite)
  • USB-A (2nd Gen) - Aluminum - Graphite
  • HDMI (3rd Gen) - Aluminum - Graphite
  • DisplayPort (2nd Gen) - Aluminum - Graphite

RAM: DDR5-5600 - 32GB (1 x 32GB) memory are expensive hope to buy a new one short.
Storage: SANDISK 850X PCIe® 4.0 M.2 2280 - 1TB
OS: Fedora with KDE

1 Like

Batch 2 and 3 some already received the email with the payment and the estimate delivery this week. Hope also we can receive early us too

2 Likes

I’ll come join you on this thread! :sports_medal: Mine shall be - Ryzen AI 7 with 64GB memory, storage is SANDISK SN7100 2TB. My six year-old Dell XPS 15 is crumbling and is in dire need of becoming my spare :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Joining the Batch 5 guild too. Also eagerly waiting for my prebuilt Ultra X7 358H / 32GB with preinstalled Ubuntu.

I was interested in Framework since their first release and even made a preorder for the Ryzen 7 7840U Batch 3 in May 2023, but closer to the shipping date decided that asking friends to forward it to me from Germany to Portugal was too much hassle. So I canceled the preorder and got a cheaper Yoga Pro 7 with similar specs and direct shipping to Portugal.

This time, with a haptic touchpad, a beautiful bright and matte screen, modularity, and Portugal as a supported country, there are no better options on the market. So I expect to finally join the club of Framework owners soon.

I already have a plan for the first upgrade - the Gray/Black keyboard is so good that I’m considering getting it once it’s in stock.

2 Likes

I just received a email with the Payment schedule for Aug-15

I need to change the Delivery Address because this week of Aug I’m at Iowa but I see from the other batch take usually 1 week, and in the week of 23 I’ll be at Boston, so changed the address to the hotel in Boston to received it. Just to get a context I’m from Brazil and I’ll be on USA this dates just to take the laptop.

I’m not sure what magic or glitch happened to my order, but I received my laptop yesterday, while I still haven’t been charged the final amount and haven’t received a preparation or shipping email. At first I thought this was some mistake and I’d received someone else’s order, but the order number on the box is definitely mine, and everything inside is exactly what I ordered. Tracking shows it was shipped on Aug 11 from Taiwan and I received it on Aug 14, so shipping took only 3 days to Portugal.

The laptop itself is awesome, as I expected – quiet, powerful, and with long-lasting battery. I hope I’ll be charged for it soon so I can finally get rid of this strange feeling of using the laptop before paying for it.

3 Likes

That’s awesome. My one just got paid today, but still in review because I’m from Brazil and the address is on USA, I’m in Boston this month. I hope they send on Monday so I can receive it.

1 Like

I’m sure they won’t mind letting you borrow it :cat_with_wry_smile:

My one just got paid, but I not received any notification from the card. Just the email from Framework and in the card, I can was changed but no notification, was able to check at the invoice.

J

Just got the payment email for Batch 5 of the Core Ultra 3s - anyone else in the same boat?

2 Likes

Yeh, I got an email as well.

I got the email, and mine’s now paid, but there is a bit of an information gap now. I could do with knowing if the shipper email is coming tomorrow or in a fortnight.

Update

I spoke too soon… I have a delivery date!

I got one as well.

I got the invoice but not the tracking number yet :face_holding_back_tears:

Just received the tracking number today :star_struck:

2 Likes

I could play dot-to-dot with where my parcel has been :zany_face:

  • Taiwan (6 updates)
  • Philippines
  • China (3 updates)
  • Turkey
  • France (5 updates)
  • UK (8 updates)
  • Local depot (3 updates)
  • Delivered to my front door

Following Turkey, I’m hoping London next, and failing that, France :globe_showing_europe_africa:


Update: gosh, this is exciting - France! :france:


Update: landed on Blighty! :united_kingdom:


Update: 'tis is my assembling hands! :screwdriver:

1 Like

I never purchased a laptop by FedEx in USA

The tracking shows

This delay it’s because the customs was not processed or should I do something?

Thanks

It will likely get going itself, no action required from you. The prevailing advice is that it has to get stuck for three business days before FW can chase the shipper. Sadly this is FedEx being rubbish, there’s nothing that FW can do about it.

1 Like

Mine just arrived yesterday! Already got it all set up with Arch. It’s my first Framework device and so far it’s been a delightful experience :smiley:

Specs:

Batch 5 — arrived Aug 24, Waterloo, ON :canada:

Model Framework Laptop 13 Pro (DIY Edition)
CPU AMD Ryzen AI 9 HX 370
RAM 32GB DDR5-5600 (2×16GB SO-DIMM)
SSD 1TB WD_BLACK/SanDisk SN7100 (Gen 4)
Expansion cards 2× USB-C (rear), 1× USB-A, 1× HDMI
OS Arch Linux + sway (Wayland)
Hostname erdos

Assembly was uneventful, RAM/SSD seated, POSTed first try. If anyone wants me to test something out for them while they wait for their order, let me know :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My Ultra X7 shipped today - ETA next Monday, exciting!

2 Likes