FW16 Batch 12 Guild

Thanks for that. Delayed gratification. This is an exercise. O_O

1 Like

If you go on the website they’re at Batch 18 and says that they will ship in Q2.
This either means they’re really speeding up or it’s a way to entice people to still order but they know beforehand that this won’t be possible.

If they’re really speeding up then Batch 12 should certainly be shipped somewhere in May.

1 Like

[translation] The delay between batch 3 and 4 may be deliberately long to avoid offending people from batch 1 who have not yet received their laptops. I hope there will be an acceleration in batch deliveries. I had imagined that we would be delivered in May, but it may spill over into June. After that, I’m a bit pessimistic (or realistic. We’ll see).

And from the latest email, looks like we’ll probably be late May or early June. Maybe late June. But sounds like they’re picking up steam, fortunately.

Just remember, they’ll be batching large amounts of “same configuration” so could be up to 4 batches in-flight at any given time.

2 Likes

Here I am!!!

From a note in Batches Shipping Log, prepping that batch…

1 Like

Hope so, although I suspect we need another batch or two worth of data (so, by end of the month?) to be able to start doing better predictions. I’d ignore all of batch 1 & 2. That’s just before and immediately after Lunar New Year, and Batch 2 still had some supply chain issues for them with specific configurations for some parts. I’d guess Batch 3 onward should be reasonable example of where they are and will actually be at.

I’ve been guessing maybe late May, definitely in June, but that’s a total guess, no real data/trend lines analyzed.

That is about what I calculated for B12, long ago.

1 Like

I agree RE batch 1-2, and Lunar new year. But…
That means the progress they have made is better than it looks, and the time to batch 12 could be even less.
It is all just a project based on insufficient data…
As we called it in engineering school, a SWAG estimate…
‘scientificwildassguess’

I am hoping for less and sooner. My current laptops are fading…

1 Like

You’re being so logical about it. But as they say, logic is just a way to be wrong with confidence! :stuck_out_tongue:

Since Batch 6 emails are going out, if we say ~1 week per batch, to get the emails out at least, seems not unlikely that mid-May is about when we’ll start getting our emails. I can hope.

1 Like

Hi all from Oz. I’m in for a DIY Ryzen 9 7940HS - RX 7700S, 32GB RAM, 1TB SN850X and num pad. Really looking forward to it arriving. Cheers

I have a need to be optimistic. I have two HP x360s, and the keyboards are bad on both.
I actually have a piece of cardboard over the keyboard on this one, and a Logitech K400 keyboard laying on that.
Once I get the FW16, I will migrate and then look at fixing the x360s…but I have researched it and it involves plastic welding at the least.

On the FW16, 5 minutes ought to do for a replacement.

Hi from France,

Checking in with a DIY Ryzen 9 7840HS, RX 7700S, 16GB RAM, 1TB and 2TB SSD, num pad and some expansion card.

Currently, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T440p with an i7-4600M, 16 GB and an Nvidia GT730M

I’m really looking forward to receiving my FW16

2 Likes

Some Batch 7 folks are getting their emails. That means 4 more batches to get their emails, and then it’s our turn!

Seems more and more likely we’ll get our emails 1st or 2nd week of May crosses fingers

Here is the spreadsheet I made when the batch 6ers got their first notice, with some enhancements.

1 Like

Another Batch 12er here. I ordered the full monty. This will be my first “gaming” machine in quite a long time.

1 Like

Batch 12 waiting

• System: Ryzen™ 7 7840HS

• Expansion Bay Module: Expansion Bay Shell

• Laptop Bezel: Framework Laptop 16 Bezel - Orange

• Power Adapter Region: US / CA

• 2 x Spacer: Color shift

• Keyboard: RGB US English

Expansion Cards

• Ethernet

• 3 x USB-C – USB-C Expansion Card

• 2 x USB-A

1 Like

Well, Batch 12ers, according to the https://community.frame.work/t/batch-shipment-chart/47120/58 thread, it looks like we should get our prayer email, I mean our preparation email at the end of April, so around 10-14 days earlier than I was expecting … :pray:

get your wallets ready folks … :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

[translation] finally with the acceleration of deliveries, we will be delivered not that far from Q1. it’s still acceptable promises for a laptop so complex to make

1 Like

Yeah, from a (roughly) 4 month delay in starting first batch deliveries (assuming Batch 1 was to deliver at beginning of Q4 2023) they are now only around one month late. That is really pulling back on the delay, although in the progress emails they did say that with having got the FL13 AMD out of the way before Christmas, they would have much more production capacity to deal with the FL16, and so it has proven to be - and that is also despite an earthquake in Taiwan.

1 Like