FW16 Batch 15 Guild

They did send an email yesterday about ramping up production. So I can be hopeful maybe we’ll get it before July but maybe we won’t and it’s still an unrealistic hope lol. At least I can make due with my current laptop until I receive my framework laptop. I hope you enjoy your Framework 13 while you wait for the 16. I’m glad you got an arrangement for a new home for it as well :smiling_face:

Finally found my batch here :laughing:. Look like batch 6 is being prepared so they might get theirs by next week to end of April. Hopefully we get our batch during Summer (looking at May-July!), or even before if we’re lucky :sweat_smile:

yeah, may is the optimistic end if they can keep the schedule they set in the 8th update, we’ll see how things are as we cross more of the intervening time.

Hello.
Ryzen 7 7840HS + 7700S
64GB G.Skill 5600MHz CL40
Corsair MP600 Mini 1Tb 2230
SK Hynix Platinum P41 1Tb 2280
I plan to later change the wifi module to MediaTek Filogic 360.

Hi David, I’m an Industrial Designer - can confirm I have been able to use Solidworks / Visualize 2023, and Fusion 360 all concurrently on my FW16, fantastic clarity. Fans ramp up for render, but it finishes super quick (compared to my work Laptop - Dell Vostro 15 7510). I have the higest spec motherboard with GPU FW, and 32GB RAM. :sunglasses:

Hiya
I’m here after getting myself confused for getting my laptop in batch 16 when it was actually batch 15 for months

1 Like

I think I’m going to use a spare SK Hynix Gold P31 NVMe with mine. It’s only gen 3 but it’s a top-tier gen 3 and I really doubt I’d notice a difference between gen 3 and gen 4 or gen 5 in day-to-day performance. The Gold P31 has very low power draw, too.

Lucky! I’m in the San Francisco Bay Area and we used to have a Microcenter here, but it closed down and now there’s a Walmart where it used to be :confused:. We’ve got a local chain of computer stores (Central Computer) that’s good, but it’s no Microcenter.

1 Like

Heiya there!
On board with the hype train! Can’t wait to get the email! :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Batch 14 just got their email and batch 13 just got charged. At the current pace, that means we should get our emails around a week from now.

1 Like

I saw the posts. I’m so excited! :smiling_face:

Be a gret birthday present to get the email saying it is time to pay and get your new laptop.

i am both excited and trepidatious, as i might need to cancel my order and move to the end of the line (due to other bills stacking up). but heck, another month or two doesn’t seem horrid? idk, will make a final decision when it’s time

The site still says the current batch (batch 20) ships in Q2, so in theory it should ship by the end of June.

yeah, but i might need until july for finances. dunno yet. :woman_shrugging:

I am suspecting it could be our time soon to recieve the holy notice my brethren!

for info:
7 7840HS + 7700S
No RAM yet but probably Crucial 32gb 5600Mhz
No SSD either :sweat_smile: but probably SK Hynix P41 1tb

Expansion Cards:

• 2 x USB-A
  • 2 x USB-C
  • Display Port 2nd Gen
  • Audio
2 Likes

I hope to receive the happiness letter next Monday.
Ryzen7 7840HS + 7700S, no RAM, no SSD.
I have a SK Hynix P41 1TB, a Corsair MP600 Mini 1TB and a G.Skill 64GB F5-5600S4040A32GX2-RS.

I’m hoping some time by the middle or end of this week to get our emails and be charged. I’m super excited :smiling_face:

I REALLY want to see the email. And every reply that arrives here, I rush to open the app… So yeah, I’m being part of the problem right now :smiley:
Never been so eager to see 2k€+ pending on my account lmao

Good choice. My home server has 2 x Solidigm P44 Pro in a ZFS mirror. Solidigm is a US-based subsidiary of SK Hynix and the P44 Pro is essentially the same as the SK Hynix P41. I’ve got an older SK Hynix P31 Gold that I’ll use with my Framework.

1 Like

“Never been so eager to see 2k€+ pending on my account” Is so accurate.

3 Likes