FW16 Batch 16 Guild

I don’t see any options (apart from remove os) I’d just email support and ask them :slight_smile:

Thank you for the info. I think I’ve gotten it worked out by just keeping the shell because I know down the road I’ll need it and then ordering the Graphics Module (AMD Radeon™ RX 7700S) when it’s back in stock on the Market Place. I sure don’t want to do ANYTHING to drop off Batch 16.

Configuration
System: Ryzen™ 7 7840HS
Memory: DDR5-5600 - 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Expansion Bay Module: Graphics Module (AMD Radeon™ RX 7700S)
Customization
Keyboard: US English
Laptop Bezel: Framework Laptop 16 Bezel - Black
Power Adapter Region: US / CA
Numpad: Numpad Module

Expansion Cards
2 x USB-C
2 x USB-A
HDMI (3rd Gen)
Ethernet
Audio
and planning to buy storage and get windows separately

I could see heads up emails as early as mid may if things keep getting quicker as they go through the batches.

Which batch are they on now? …Is there a way to follow the batch deliveries?

I am going to install Fedora on mine, and replace a Thinkpad something-or-other that I have. I’m going DIY.

System: Ryzen™ 9 7940HS
Memory: DDR5-5600 - 64GB (2 x 32GB) 
Storage: WD_BLACK™ SN770 NVMe™- M.2 2280 - 1TB Remove Primary Storage

Expansion Bay System
Expansion Bay Module: Expansion Bay Shell

Customization
Keyboard: RGB Clear ANSI (I type on a Dvorak keyboard, so I’m really looking forward to this)
Laptop Bezel: Framework Laptop 16 Bezel - Lavender
LED Matrix: LED Matrix
LED Matrix: LED Matrix

Expansion Cards
2 x USB-C
USB-A
HDMI (3rd Gen)
Ethernet
MicroSD

Accessories
Extra Medium Input Module: RGB Macropad Module

I plan on doing some fun stuff with QMK, and silly things on the LED matrices. Maybe Pong :-).

I have a Kyria DIY split keyboard so I’m really looking forward to another QMK keyboard in my life.

A coworker has a 13" Framework and it looks really cool. So I’m totally jazzed to get a 16. It’s big, but I am willing to trade some bulk for that screen real estate. 1920x1080 is getting tiny, especially after coming home from a 4k-ish monitor at work.

Welcome! To follow the current batches, check out the batch shipping log category and then for more details, each of the batch guilds’ category for when people receive their laptops.

1 Like

I’ve been tracking Batch Shipment Chart

Can’t wait to receive my laptop!

2 Likes

Here is hoping I get this in 2 months. Also I pulling a 1TB Samsung 980 Pro out of the old laptop and it has a copy of Win 11 on it. I can re-install if needed but would rather just slam the HD from the last laptop into the framework. And yes I get there will be some registry cleaning, DDU uninstaller, sfc /scannow thrown at it.

1 Like

My personal batch shipment chart looks like this now:

Therefore I hope that we will get our laptops early june :slight_smile:

I bought a 2TB SSD three months ago and switched to it as my main drive (now running Tuxedo OS 2). Had to clear up lots of files before the move could happen, beforehand I used ~3 TB…
Later on I may get another 1TB 2230 SSD for more game storage, but for now 2TB is enough

2 Likes

oops turns out im on batch 15 not 16. i got myself confused with the laptop 16!!
silly mistake

Good for you, you’ll get your device a bit earlier than us :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey all, Batch 16er here. I got the pre-build extreme with mods:
Configuration:

• System: Ryzen™ 9 7940HS
  • Memory: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5-5600
  • Operating System: Windows 11 Pro
  • Expansion Bay Module: Graphics Module (AMD Radeon™ RX 7700S)
  • Keyboard: US English
  • Power Adapter Region: US / CA
  • Numpad: Numpad Module

I’m an Engineer and my Dell XPS with better specs on the Intel/nVidia platform is better on paper, but I’ve had nothing but issues with it. I’m hoping that VR works well enough for Immersed so I can have my virtual monitors (which is basically all I use it for), so fingers crossed.

Updated my graph with the latest information and added lines for Batch 16:

We may get the email on May 16th, card may get charged May 22nd and the laptop may arrive at the start of june.

Beware that especially the laptop arrived (green) only takes into account the earliest delivery of the batch.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks, you help me set my expectations. I’ll still log in every 3 days just to see… :slight_smile:

And when my laptop shows up, I’m going to celebrate with a shout of “Laptop angekommen!!!”

I learned a little German today :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has anyone else noticed this on their order?

Woo, I’m so excited!

1 Like

Hi,

Yes I noticed just now.
Was: Batch 16 Ships Q2.
Now: Batch 16 Ships May.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

What os is everyone planning on running? I’m currently on PopOS, hoping I can just slot in my drive and boot :crossed_fingers:

I got a windows license with mine because I want to be able to use windows (it’s what I’m used to for gaming), but I’ve never really properly tried out any linux distributions other than ubuntu, and setting up a new laptop is an opportunity, so I think I might spend a while just… exploring? Installing different distros, seeing how they run, seeing if I like them before settling on one. Heck maybe my friends will be able to convince me to be crazy enough to try out nixos finally lol

I will stay on Tuxedo OS 2, although I am unsure whether I can use their control center with the framework.
In general the power options and tweaks are my biggest headache…

If Tuxedo OS 2 doesnt work out, I will try another KDE Distro with apt and systemd that is semi-rolling or fixed.

Heh I’ve only ever heard positive things about nixos, never tried it though :rofl:

Likewise! but they’re the sort of positive things where it’s like “once you’ve spent three weeks completely rewiring your brain to view existence in a new paradigm, it’s great!” :joy:

1 Like