FW16 Batch 2 Guild

I just got charged for mine! I have the Linux keyboard.

7 Likes

Just got my shipping notification with a blank Ansi keyboard.

1 Like

They promised 4-21 days from 2/13 to ship mine with clear ANSI RGB keyboard. And they shipped today, the 21st day. Now we wait.

4 Likes

Just got a shipping notification for mine. Scheduled for delivery Friday.

Well, they went way over their estimate for us Batch 1s but at least they are finally shipping ours as well.

1 Like

Ah, fellow blank enjoyer :​D
I’ve ordered a blank iso and will use Colemak with it, I like to call it security through obscurity whenever someone tries to use my devices lol. Also, I garbled the keycaps on my desktop keyboard to add to the confusion ^^

3 Likes

Same here, planning to use Colemak-DH with it. I didn’t want yet another keyboard, with a qwerty layout, so I chose the next best thing.
I’m also waiting for the Ortholinear keyboard to release

1 Like

Nice! Yeah I’m using Colemak CAW, which is DH with the bottom left keys shifted one to the left (only properly doable on ISO keyboards) and the right hand shifted one to the right.
Together with Extend and Hyprland I don’t need to use my mouse that often :​D

Same here, but Workman layout on clears. Our campus IT came to install software on my work desktop and his brain melted when he saw that I had rearranged the keys on the 15-year-old Dell keyboard. Took him like six tries to get the admin password right.

I used the clears on my FW13, but then found it is not too difficult to move the keys around very carefully on the original US English keyboard, so now I can still figure out where the heck the brightness keys and function keys are, but not confuse my brain when like typing Workman on a Qwerty.

The 16 I got RGB clears and blanks, because God knows I’ll switch them out on a regular basis. May get a US English RGB as well and try to move some keys on it, too. depends on how they are made.

The fn keys are the only ones I wouldn’t know of the top of my head. Everything else I never need to look for on the keyboard, except when I’m single-handedly typing in a otp code on the num row or something like that.

At Uni I was the first to find a website our teacher was searching for and he asked if he could take my laptop to the front and use it to show us how to use the website.
Well… that didn’t work out at all. First he didn’t plug in the HDMI cable properly. Once I did it, Hyprland displayed properly on it but had the default background with the anime girl, which was a little awkward lol. Scrambled to show my real wallpaper on the projector and went back to my seat. However, I forgot that he obviously would have no clue how tf you move a window to a different screen let alone what the workspaces even are. So I went for round two, to move the window to the projector. Next up he wanted to type something on the site and struggled again (obviously, but I forgot again) and I needed to help again.

Needless to say that was a fun situation xD

I have to type a OTP from my phone every time I sign in at work, and that was the real reason I messed with my keyboard and swapped the keys to my workman layout. Can’t hold the phone and type two handed at the same time.

Mine arrived today and I’m now writing this post with it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I think it’s a bit of a shame that the number pad doesn’t have a backlight. I didn’t realize that.
The keyboard feels good. When installing Win11Pro I needed the driver package for the Wifi, otherwise everything was problem-free.

Finally, my main system (Debian) comes on top.

BTW:
I used the RAM from Kingston 64GB (2x32GB) SODIMM 2RX8 1.1V (ASIN: B0BXB8R7L3) and had no problems with it and no long training either, as you can read it here again and again.

Exact name: “Kingston Branded Memory 64GB DDR5 5600MT/s SODIMM (Kit of 2) KCP556SD8K2-64 Laptop Memory”

1 Like

The standard numpad? It does! With num lock off, hit the enter key and shield your eyes!
Default Keymap for the Numpad (frame.work)

Had to figure this out myself too. It doesn’t seem to be on by default, unlike my keyboard (RGB US) which lit right up.

4 Likes

THX :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Was billed on the 5th, Shipped on the 6th. Unfortunately now stuck in Alaska in customs. I ordered DIY, GPU, no RAM/SSD and linux keyboard. The 5th was the day of the 21st day mentioned in the preparation email.

3 Likes

My Framework just got to Cologne today and departed from the hub around an hour ago, Fedex still shows the estimated delivery date to be Monday. Hoping it arrives tomorrow, since it’s already in its delivery country, but with Fedex you never know :upside_down_face: .

Are you German? If so, why’d you go for an Ansi layout?

I’m kinda curious ^^

Got mine yesterday!

2 Likes

Did your tracking show Import clearance or something similar for CDG Airport in Paris? If yes, then your package most likely will go to Paris to clear customs and then come back to Germany.

Yeah I’m German, I kind of just got used to it after using a normal US QWERTY Ansi layout for many years. And I plan on fully switching to Ortholinear/Matrix at some point anyway.
In some way I also prefer the bigger shift button, even if ISO would be better for alternative layouts like Colemak.