FW16 Batch 7 Guild

just got the batch preparing email as well.

5 Likes

ayo got prep email

5 Likes

“We’re preparing your batch!” Received at 19:26 today. It’s finally happening.

5 Likes

OH GAWD “We’re preparing your batch!” Received at 6:25pm today. team 7 here we GO!!!

3 Likes

I got mine as well!! At 2024-03-26T01:22:00Z
So excited!!

3 Likes

Yeah, my email arrived today at 2:25 AM.

When I checked my adresses and payment method, the latter one was removed from my account. The only thing I can add is a credit card (which I don’t have).

Do you guys have the same problem? Or am I the only one who eventually won’t get his notebook in time? ='(

I also received my email. The latest batch logging chart seems to predict a laptop in our hands very soon.

I also received my “preparing Batch 7” email at 1:23 this morning.

I can’t believe it… our time is finally coming!

1 Like

Same situation in my account: I had paid the advance 100€ by giropay, the “preparing your batch”-e-mail shows giropay as the payment method, but my account shows “No saved payment methods” and I can only add credit cards.

I already contacted support, but did not yet receive a reply.

Yes, giropay was the same one I used before.

I also contacted support before writing my comment. But they are probably swamped by tickets because of the Framework 16 dispatching.

Thanks for letting me know, that I’m not alone. : )

I used a debit card and it’s still there. Based on other comments, and the fact that I don’t know what giropay is, I gather that the people having the problems are in another country, probably somewhere in Europe. I would be interested to see what FW CS has to say about it. It worked once, why not now?

1 Like

I’m from Western Europe. Some of the countries have “local” payment methods which are not available in others, even neighbouring ones.

2 Likes

We’re preparing Batch 7 of Framework Laptop 16 (AMD Ryzen™ 7040 Series)!

YES !! it’s time :smiley:

3 Likes

Hey John,
I received a reply from the support. They hinted me at the guide which I read through again. Apparently I missed the last paragraph:

Please note that not all payment methods can be saved for future use, certain payment methods such as iDEAL or Giropay need to be authorized in real time, if you used one of these payment methods for your pre-order deposit and wish to use it for the balance you can wait to receive an "Action Required " email when your order is ready to be charged, and follow the instructions in that email.

I hope this helps you, too.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community, Michael!

In that regard, Framework is probably like every other Laptop.
You’d have to install Windows first and Linux afterwards, because the Windows Bootmanager is unable to boot anything else except Windows.
In some cases, the Windows Bootmanager tends to overwrite your UEFI boot default after you installed Linux, but you can reconfigure that in the UEFI BIOS.
There are some limitations if you plan to access your Linux partitions from Windows via WSL2, which is currently impossible, if both are located on the same drive.
As I don’t have experienced Windows being slow when installed on the same drive as Linux, I cannot comment on that. Any issues we can figure out soon, once we’re able to get hands-on experiences with the hardware.

1 Like

I think you are Batch 6 :sweat:

1 Like

you are correct i’ll move my post to the correct guild

1 Like

Oh man, I freaked out when I saw the original post :rofl:. I’ll go back to waiting.

1 Like

You can’t even imagine how surprised I was.

8 Likes