How long does it take to ship?

I have finally saved up the money I needed to order the DIY Edition. I ordered on the 21st of March and 2 days later it still says confirmed. How long does it typically take to ship? I don’t know where I read it but I heard that it generally takes a week? Is this true?

You will get a notifications at stages.
Have you been emailed to say the full amoune has been taken, not just the deposit?

Once that happens it will be processed in Taiwan, after that it may take a week to ship to your location.

It just says confirmed but the full amount was taken out of my account immediately, no deposit.

Well maybe there are some already produced and waiting to be shipped. Hopefully you will get an update in the next day or two.

Update -
It now says order placed

I’m in the US by the way.

Well it may be quicker across the Pacific than across Asia to Europe :slight_smile:

Yeah I’m wondering the same thing. Ordered March 20th and still on confirmed. I unfortunately need this thing fast bc my normal college laptop bricked last week and I’m on a limited time school rental. Not sure why it’s taking longer than yours :confused:

I ordered on March 14 and it says confirmed, support is saying “Yes, we’re very sorry, all orders of the i5-1135 variant, both pre-built and DIY are on their way from overseas due to significant delays caused by COVID lockdowns affecting international logistics. We’re estimating that orders with this configuration will ship between March 23rd and March 25th.”

I had ordered mine on March 2. I got a delay email notification then got a shipping email on March 8. The laptop was on my doorstep on march 10. I live in the USA and the computer was delivered through fedex if that helps

2 Likes

I’m in the US and ordered mine on March 9th and I’m still waiting for it to ship. I’m hoping it will ship by March 25th.

I’m in the US and ordered mine on March 9th and I’m still waiting for it to ship. I’m hoping it will ship by March 25th.

Ditto here (though I ordered a couple of days later). The delay is annoying but I do have to hand it to the Framework team on communication. They informed me last week that it was going to miss the original shipping window due to parts availability. I contacted Support yesterday asking for an update and was given a time window. We’ll see if that time window holds, but they’ve been very open about the delay, the reasons for it and when to expect forward progress. If nothing else, it’s a sign that they seem to care about their customers.

It is what it is and I don’t think it’s due to Framework being unprepared. High tech supply chain is a nightmare at the moment. At work, there is equipment I used to get in two weeks that is now on 9 month backorder. It’s tough everywhere right now :frowning:

2 Likes

Anyone got news on if/when theirs have shipped? My rental laptop is up by Monday and mine hasn’t shipped within the week now (going by a business week, at least).

My order was placed on the 21st of March, and I havent received an update either @Patrick_Moore. Im kind of in the same boat as you, except Ill be leaving country(US) here in a week and desperately need it.

I just got this email. Not sure if anyone else did or if it’s because I emailed them asking if it is delayed/how long.

We wanted to provide an update on your Framework Laptop order. Your laptop has cleared Customs and is inbound to our fulfillment warehouse, but won’t meet the cutoff time to ship out to you today. We’re working with our fulfillment partner to prioritize this batch of shipments to go out as early as possible next week.

Thanks again for your patience, and apologies again for the delays. We’re stuck in a challenging few months for supply chain and international freight, but we never want to miss the dates we communicated when you ordered. If you need to cancel your order, please let us know and we’ll make that happen for you.

Kevin Crawford
Head of Global Customer Experience
Framework
Regards,
Framework Support

Yea, I’m a trucker and I have a window of 3 days starting on the 1st of April to be home to get it. After which I have to start training a new student to drive and won’t be able to get home for at least a month if not 2 depending on how long the student takes to get his required hours. I even sent in a support ticket Wednesday and have not heard anything.

1 Like

Since I had replied on this thread earlier, I figured I’d provide an update. It looks like getting the i5 inventory back into stock took a bit longer than expected, but they are starting to move out. I ordered during the week of March 13 and the site said it would ship in a week. At the end of that week, I got a message about the delay (inventory related) and it would be another week. At the end of that week, I got the same message that @Patrick_Moore shared. Last night (the 28th), I got a ship notification.

Framework’s part is done, and it’s up to FedEx now. The delay was annoying but less than some other equipment I’ve ordered recently (waiting for six weeks to get a Thunderbolt dock for my work computer, for example) and Framework was pretty communicative throughout the delay.

How are you guys communicating with Framework? I have not received any communication from them since I placed my order. I have sent 3 different support messages and nothing. And my status still says confirmed. Nothing about delays or processing, just confirmed. And I know for a fact that they withdrew the full price for my order. It was withdrawn the moment I made the order.

I’m sorry to hear that and that does not match my experience or some others on this thread. I received two unsolicited communications from Framework (one for the first delay, one for the second with a specific update about customs clearance). I also opened a support ticket (through the “Support” link on the main page) with Framework and referenced my order number, and they replied back in a few hours.

Perhaps @FrameworkSupport or @Framework team can look into it for you (tagged them here to hopefully notify them).

I have used the support form on that page three times now. The first 2 times the category I used was general product or ordering question and the third time was problem with my account or the website. Each time I have put my order number in the subject line and put my email in. Let me know if I’m using the wrong category or should be doing something else. I’m using my iPad when I make these support requests so should I be doing it on my pc? Either way it has now been 9 days since I made my order and I’ve received nothing in that time.

I am not sure. I sent you a DM with some thoughts.