Is this screen tearing? (Ubuntu 21.04)

I got my batch 4 Framework laptop and got Ubuntu Budgie 21.04 loaded up on it pretty painlessly. I’m coming from a Dell Latitude 7240 I’ve been running Ubuntu on since 2016. I’ve been running some flavor of Ubuntu on something since 7.10 and I’ve never heard of the term “screen tearing” which i is a blessing. However, on my Framework, with just general use, I’ll notice intermittently that it’s like the whole picture shifts to the right by a dozen pixels or so and quickly goes back. It’s really not a huge deal, which is why I haven’t said anything about it, but I had some time today to look at it some more and can’t seem to fix it.
I was going to try installing the xf86-video-intel driver as another post recommended but I see on the Arch linux Wiki that this is actually not recommended.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is it maybe exclusive to Budgie and I should try vanilla Ubuntu?

I’m having similar issues on Ubuntu 21.10 but I have frequent video lag and pauses during scrolling and video playback is unusable. The screen tearing you described has only happened a few times.