Keyboard frame replacement

Is there a way that I can replace just the frame for the keyboard and trackpad? One of the plastic corner screw holes that holds the back of the laptop on randomly broke on me. I see that you can get a frame that includes the keyboard, fingerprint reader, and trackpad for $100, but I only need the aluminum frame, all the other components are fine and fully functional. Is there any way to just order the frame?

I’d recommend contacting support and seeing if they can arrange a replacement part.

You can probably rebuild that with ‘plastic metal’ or some hard carbon plastic used to repair many mechanical parts.

Wasn’t there someone who was looking for a custom key cap layout?

Maybe you can split the cost…you take the frame, he / she takes the keyboard.

Here - Can anybody in the community make me a custom layout?

I’m not party to this. I’ve already long had my situation taken care of so please don’t ping me or my threads.

You can change your notification options on that thread.

It’s a system behaviour: It’s not about people pinging you…it’s about linking to the thread…that you’ve notification applied.

Or, you can block whoever you choose.