No connection, first boot

My AMD 13 inch laptop arrived today and I set everything up as described in the DIY setup guide. I chose to use my own nvme and installed a fresh version of Windows 10. But while setting up windows, when given the option to connect to a network, I do not have the option to choose one, eventhough the ethernet expansion card is plugged in with a working cable, connected to the internet.
I decided to set up windows without internet, restarted the system and tried different slots. The lights on the ethernet card are lighting up and blinking.
If there’s any more information you need, please ask.

It would be great if somebody could help me :slight_smile:

I am sorry if there is an obvious solution in the setup guide somewhere that I missed.
Also if there are any grammatical mistakes, English isn’t my first language

I don’t know if Win10 has built-in driver for the RTL8125B. I’d think it does.
Does it show in the Device Manager? If it does, maybe faulty device, faulty configuration (DHCP? Default Route?), faulty cable, or almost anything else.

If it is showing as “?” in the Device Manager, do you have WiFi? Connect through WiFi and have it update the driver through Windows Update.

I’m also running Win10, and I was able to get rid of all but one “?” in the Device Manager resolved by getting AMD’s Mobile Chipset driver package, AMD’s iGPU driver directly from AMD.

For IPU, I got the latest from AMD’s AI beta site, by signing up and agreeing to beta software agreement.

I got the fingerprint reader driver from the giant blob file from Framework site. You’ll have to use 7zip to extract stuff from the giant blob.

Do NOT run the giant blob. It will install unneeded and/or outdated drivers.

The only thing without a driver is the Microsoft Pluton. I just right-click-Disabled it in the Device Manager.

So I installed the Drivers on a USB drive and installed them on the laptop. Now the wifi and ethernet are both working, thankyou for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like