Now in stock and how a Framework Laptop gets from the factory to you

Thanks for the update. I’m really hoping mine ships this week. I really like to get my new system and get productive with it. Thank you for the information.

@Twistgibber My laptop is now shipped. Thank you very much for the updates. I appreciate it. FedEx says I should get mine next Friday.

1 Like

Oh wait what? Ethernet expansion cards are coming back in stock? Or is that just for pending orders? Because the website still says “out of stock” here…

In any case, great news! :slight_smile:

Also, I have to say: kudos to the Framework team on that. This is just outstanding: in this world of consumerism and just running as fast as we can towards the wall, it’s really refreshing to hear people actually care about that stuff.

Keep on the good work!

3 Likes

They are back in stock as of this morning! You can pick one up now!

2 Likes

My Framework Laptop arrived today. Tomorrow, I am going cold turkey off of apple mac os and using Linux (which is not a system shock for me.)

Laptop works great. Very nice keyboard.

6 Likes

Is it possible to buy one directly from the factory(avoid the long shipping process). (Currently in Taiwan, near the factory)

Taiwan is not currently a supported region, but it was recently announced that it will be rolled out later this year. I’m not sure what you mean when you say “directly from he factory”, can you explain?

Sorry for my confusing words. Any methods that doesn’t need the long shipping process to get the framework laptop will do.

Anyway, glad to hear that Taiwan is finally going to be one of the supported region soon, guess i shell wait till late this year then (new framework laptop 16 is not release yet).
It’s quite annoying waiting for a product produced locally to be delivered before shipped aboard first…

If you mean the shipping itself, that’s not a very long process typically. We don’t know how shipping will be handled for Taiwan yet, but it’s typically less than a week for the rest of the world, and I suspect Taiwan will be no different on that front. If you mean the pre-order process, which can be weeks or months, then no, there’s no way to bypass it. Framework doesn’t offer in-person retail sales and has said that they don’t plan to do so any time in the near future.