OcuLink Expansion Bay Module

josh, i sent u a dm with a quick question if you could check it out’d th at’d be great

The Graphics Module Interposer is now in stock!
But I think the price is a joke.

1 Like

Is there a reason why you haven’t posted any renders or photos? Several people have asked already, and it seems like a reasonable request before purchasing. Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Did framework talk to you at all? Are we all just gonna be waiting forever?

Just bought it (in anticipation) :wink:

Ordered one too now. Hopefully Josh has the boards soonish.

I’ve also bought it! (44 € including shipping :smiling_face_with_tear:)

Yes, shipping is a lot, and the interposer as well a bit, I ordered an expansion card as well just to make it a bit more worth it. Was even considering buying more framework RAM, but sorry, that’s just wildly too expensive at the moment.

In any case, I am literally all in regarding this project now… :wink:

1 Like

I’m all in as well. What’s your shopping list to make this work? I want to make sure I have interpreted this thread correctly when building my own eGPU solution

Also, does @Josh_Cook support fast/priority shipping? Forgive my ignorance, but I’m willing to pay a premium to try this solution for enabling a Nvidia eGPU as fast as possible

In case anyone’s interested, I’m in a unique situation where I need Cuda core technology specifically for Shining3Ds scanning software (R.I.P. ZLUDA)

Leveraging the framework 16 and an eGPU for future-proofing is the Holy Grail of finding a solution for this application (and many more) in my eyes

You’ll need an Oculink 8i cable, an Oculink 8i → PCIe x16 card, an ATX power supply, and a stand to hold it all in place.

1 Like

All international orders ship via FedEx International Priority, so its 3-5 business day delivery from when I get the PCBs in.

Just checked in with Nirav, no updates yet but Framework is still working on documentation, though I may consider reverse engineering the boards I have available to me to speed up the process.

6 Likes

My personal shopping list is as follows, but I cannot speak for the oculink 8i users, as I will first make use of the oculink 4i plus ssd board:

• One Dock v2 (oculink 4i)
  • Corsair SF750 PSU
  • Oculink 4i cable
  • DIY modded Razer Core X

I will, a bit later, switch to the oculink 8i board, and you can find some references above regarding cables and EGPU setups.

And in general, given Josh is following up and Framework is aware, I think this project is alive. My personal backup is to use the PCIE 4.0 ssd connection for my oculink setup, I already bought a connector for the 2280 ssd. But to do this I would need to reinstall windows on the 2230 ssd, and effectively use the notebook without the cover as a desktop replacement. For now I am still waiting, this is just the theoretical backup ;).

1 Like

Fantastic. Thanks guys! @simon511000 @Josh_Cook @Philam

One Dock v2

How to find any to buy ? Can’t really find any for sale

Best regards

A good place to start is here: https://egpu.io/forums/custom-egpu-chassis/one-dock-unique-dual-port-egpu-dock-thunderboltoculinkm-2-0-26l-2/paged/17/

The person who designs it, Handtalker, is quite active there and on Discord in general. He also sends the links to the Chinese website, Superbuy, where you can order it. It is freely available now.

My own experience was mixed when ordering it - it got returned by EU customs once because they didn’t know what it was ;). My goodness. But in the end all worked well. You should probably plan at least 1 month to actually obtain it once you ordered. Price is around 200 USD.

Here is the Superbuy link: Superbuy - The Best Taobao Agent Help You Shop,Shipping From China

2 Likes

Is the Graphics Module Interposer required for the PCB to work, or is it only for using the input display port and making use of the built-in display @Josh_Cook

It’s required.
The empty / fan only Expansion Bay Interposer doesn’t have the pins needed.

2 Likes

So I suppose if I have the GPU addon already; I will need to buy the empty shell to put the board in instead. Or do I need to buy the Empty GPU shell to put the board in because it won’t fit in the empty one?

You will need to get the Expansion Bay Shell.

1 Like