Odd minor issue: 10 sec delay before splash screen on bootup

This is a pretty trivial issue, but it struck me as odd. After installing windows 11 and doing some driver updates, my new Framework laptop starting having a noticeable delay between pressing the power button and the Framework splash screen coming up. I timed it at a little under ten seconds just now. Booting after that is pretty quick, but it’s just sort of an odd place to have a delay. I tried disabling quiet boot see if there was anything happening under the hood, but the text doesn’t show up until a split second before the splash screen does. All of my other computers have the initial boot screens up a lot faster (even if it’s then slower to finish booting into the OS). Is this normal?

1 Like

I received my batch 8 (i7-1165) (2x8GB RAM) with Win 10 and immediately updated to Win 11 and noted a 7 second delay. However I’m sure it increased a second on Win 11 but not sure…

What I am sure of is that is always gets longer by the ‘year’

Now I have a dual boot with Ubuntu 22.04 so I get

I have 13 seconds to

Grub
Manually select
Windows manager
Windows standard splash

Total 34 seconds before I have to tap enter to get login screen :slight_smile:

1 Like

Update: This time it took 24 seconds ???

I’m also getting a LONG delay between Power Button press and actually POST on screen. Bios Version: 3.07, i5-1135G7, 32GB of RAM, SN750 500GB.
Not to sure what’s causing it, but it’s definetly painful for waking from Hibernate.

Hi there!

For Windows OS users, we recommend updating the Windows OS version and the BIOS version to 3.07.

You can download BIOS 3.07 through this link: Framework Laptop BIOS and Driver Releases

If this continues to be an issue for you, I would recommend submitting a ticket to our support team here: Framework | Support so they can ensure your laptop is performing as intended!

Thank you and stay safe!

2 Likes