Possible reason for screen light bleed

Hey everyone, was just looking at my framework 16 and was noticing the light bleed on the corners. Not a huge deal, but something I noticed and was mentioned in the ltt review I believe. Then I noticed that there was less points of light bleed with the bezel off and that some of the points matched where the bezel mounted. I also noticed that the four corners where it is the most significant are obviously where the screws are to hold the panel in and by adjusting tension, I could make it better, but not perfect. Wondering if maybe the issues aren’t with the panel but just some pressure points in the screen mount.

7 Likes
4 Likes

Hopefully this is something that the Framework team will see and address

That’s interesting. Thanks for actually having the laptop instead of complaining about reviews :wink:

And also noticing the correlation. Wonder if the thinnest of spacers on some of the screw mounts actually can offset enough to still be secure but without putting whatever pressure/flex/whatever it is onto thode spots on the screen.

That’s what I was thinking they might be able to implement. It’s a fantastic machine overall.

Maybe try loosening some of the screws 1/4-1/2 a turn at a time, see if that makes a visible change. If so, that’s a clue.

1 Like