Recommended laptop bags / cases / sleeves?

What about with the dGPU, would that fit?

Sorry, auto-correct burned me… that was supposed to be DOES NOT fit!

Even if I removed the dGPU, the laptop is still too deep, front-to back, for the laptop pocket in this bag. Which is a shame because this is a great bag.

Ah okay. Sad but not unexpected I guess.

I’m curious if it will fit in my random 10+ year old bag, it’ll be extremely close for sure. If it does it’ll probably be a bit of a stretch (literally), which I doubt will be healthy for the bag. Hence I’m trying to find a new bag for Uni this year.

I just ordered a HaulPack

Anyone else get theirs and try to fit it in an LTT backpack?

I have a Räven 28 and it just barely fits in the laptop compartment (don’t have a dGPU). I also ordered a sleeve from CushCase, so I’ll have an update on that in like a week when it arrives due to customs and such. I might have to give up on using the laptop compartment if it doesn’t fit there and just use it in the main compartment.

Which bag do you have from peakdesign?

“Everyday Backpack,” I think they brand it as a camera bag, but it has a laptop pocket and really good internal space management, plus it’s both top and side-loading. Great backpack, but it’s a snug fit for my XPS17 9710 and a complete no-go for my FW16, even without the dGPU installed.

Is that the v2 and is it the 20l or 30l version?

OH! I didn’t know it came in multiple sizes.
Mine is a V2, 20L.
Their site shows the 30L has 0.8’’ more in the needed dimension… so almost certainly enough w/o the dGPU, and maybe even with it.

(batch 7) I’m considering the Timbuk2 Clark Commuter Backpack T2-Clark

Another option is the Timbuk2 Wingman T2-Wingman. This one though might be too large for my everyday use.

I’m not entirely sure if this would be most appropriate here or as a separate topic, but since this seems to be a sort of hub of bag discussion, I’ll put it here. Does anyone have recommendations on bags for the FW 16 + dGPU that are a bit cuter? Most bags for laptops this big seem pretty bland or masculine, and I’d ideally like something cuter or more feminine to help me feel more myself. The only bags I’ve seen that meet that standard are from lovevook, like this one, but I’ve heard mixed reviews about their quality, so I don’t know whether to trust that it’ll hold up for a few years or not. There’s also a timbuk2 bag that I think would fit the laptop and can be kinda cute since it can be customized, but it’s more expensive. There’s also another timbuk2 bag that’s my favorite of their bags, but it wouldn’t fit the laptop, unfortunately. I’ve also considered just getting a bag or backpack that’s more to my taste even if the fw 16 won’t fit in the dedicated laptop compartments and just putting it in a sleeve and then the sleeve inside the bag instead, but I don’t know if that’s a good idea, is that redundant? So does anyone have any advice, or recommendations beyond the ones I mentioned, or any opinions or experience with the ones I mentioned?

1 Like

backpacks have gotten fancy and pricey since i was in college

1 Like

It is a tight fit in my LTT Backpack with the GPU

But without the GPU it is a normal/loose fit

5 Likes

Another user mentioned that their timbuk2 custom alcatraz just barely fits the FW 16 + dGPU in this post. I personally don’t want a tight fit because I’m worried about damaging the seams of such an expensive bag in the long run, but if you don’t mind it then that might be a great fit if it’s within budget

1 Like

Oh thanks, i missed that! But yeah, you’re right, that’s a pretty tight fit for that price point, I’ll have to think about that one

1 Like

I’m looking for a sleeve with a lining like the LTT backpack. I personally hate the microfiber linings that everyone seems to do. I’ve had bad experience with cheaper microfiber linings shedding and infiltrating laptops/devices as well as the cheap dye rubbing off and dying plastics.

I dunno, Timbuk2’s are built extremely tough. They come out of bike messengers in SF, and so they’re overbuilt and worth the price. Plus the color customization is awesome.

1 Like

I went ahead and ordered one of these (it was cheap enough not to worry about having to return it if I didn’t like it), and my FW16 fits perfectly in the laptop sleeves, even with the CushCase!

Now, I can’t vouch yet for the quality of the bag, but we’ll see about that.

1 Like

I just need a backpack that extremely high quality, and is future-proof for the Framework 16 (for future GPU upgrades I mean), I’m currently looking at Peak Design Travel Backpack at 45L, any other recommendations?