Request: Review of Italian, Spanish (Spain), and Chinese (Traditional) keyboards

We’re working on bringing Italian, Spanish (the variant used in Spain), and Chinese (Traditional) keyboards into the Marketplace. Before we submit a production order of these though, we wanted to make sure we didn’t get anything wrong in the artwork. We realized after the fact that we have a small bug in our German layout (maybe it’ll become a collectors item).

14 Likes

Spanish here,
The key “ºª” (the first numerical) noramlly have a “_” under each letter.

4 Likes

Italian looks perfect :+1:

6 Likes

On the italian keyboard I would add the curly braces {} above the squared braces [], as usually every italian keyboard has this indication

6 Likes

The Traditional Chinese one looks right. I’m not sure if [ and {, also ] and }, need to be swapped or not. I’m fine with the current one.

Spanish seems fine to me but, as @pagoru said, the “ªº” characters are written with an underscore. Also, PgUp/PgDn is usually labelled as “Re Pág/Av Pág” and Caps Lock as “Bloq Mayús”.
There are no actual mistakes that I see. This design has a more modern look than most Spanish layouts and what I just mentioned can be considered stylistic choices.
Waiting for a Spanish release soon! Keep up the good work!!!

For all of them there’s one fatal flaw. The key to the right of fn seems to have a Windows logo! Presposterous! /j

2 Likes

Traditional Chinese looks great! [ and { do not need to be swapped.

Thanks all, we have added the underlines on Spanish. For Italian, we got a range of conflicting feedback on whether or not { } should be on the keyboard, so we decided to leave it off. For Chinese, we proceeded with the keyboard as-is.

4 Likes

Here are the final print proofs if anyone is interested:

1 Like

Actually, we had one more refresh of the proofs:
Chinese

Italian

Spanish

2 Likes

Any spoilers on framework’s availability in the countries where these keyboards are used? (it’s Italy for me :slight_smile: )

1 Like

I’m also interested on one of these, when they will be available on Spain?

Is there a release window for these countries? Just to know if it is like 1-3 months from now, 3-6 months or more.
I need to know because it’s more than an year that I’m waiting to buy the framework, and I cannot wait any longer. (I can just change the keyboard once it release)

Yesterday’s launch event announced that pre-orders for the new models (and with it presumably also existing models) will become available in Italy and Spain (as well as Belgium and Taiwan) in summer this year.

2 Likes

Thank you for the information. I saw the event and I was thrilled :grin:

Hong Kong also uses the same Chinese (Traditional) keyboards :o

maybe HK is next

Hi, deseperado to get a new laptop, as my Intel ThinkPad do not support Windows 11. Not critical, as Windows 10, still supported until 2025. I am completely sold out to the concept of Framework, modular, customizable design and reparable. But the fact that do not have a Spanish keyboard availability, it´s holding me to get it. I can get an extra keyboard but wanted to avoid to buy it later. My two cents. Thank you. JP

PLS can we have for ITALY a version with plain ENTER KEY like in the usa or chinese version?
Its so much nicer. As in ansi version

2 Likes

Hi, Spanish keyboard are available on the marketplace. I just ordered mine. The input covert is not available yet and could not add it to my actual order configuration, so I ordered separately. It cost me 30€ sending to Ireland, but it’s what it’s. Let’s see what arrived first: The computer or the ES keyboard. :joy:. Cheers. JP