September/Batch 3 Thread

This is definitely not my favorite game to be playing with FedEx :frowning:
Has anyone else had this happen but the package arrives near on time?

I Just got the Laptop today, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the screw driver is missing :frowning:

Contact support, they got you covered!

@Josh_Cook Yeah I alredy did. but my excitement today was ruined lol.

And so the FedEx game begins. Hopefully it’ll arrive sometime this week.

2 Likes

@Arishaig I’m in the same boat. Stuck in Troutdale and was supposed to get it Monday. Hope Fedex gets it together so I can get the laptop set up before my next coding project is assigned.

2 Likes

@incompatible_spinach Here’s hoping. Like others I’d happily pay a little extra for any shipper that isn’t FedEx. I’ve very rarely had a good experience with them unless I was paying for next day air or something crazy like that.

Luckily I don’t need the laptop immediately. I’m just impatient!

1 Like

I forgot to post this last night because I wanted to immediately get it set up. But, Hello from my new laptop! Setting everything up was a breeze, other than that dumb wifi cable taking me nearly 10 minutes to attach a single wire.
Also shoutouts to my fedex guy for not throwing my package at the door

also this Framework Laptop Performance Results - UserBenchmark
banger ssd, not so much banger gpu though

Edit: I ran the benchmark again since yesterday as maybe it just needed a little bit of use to get warmed up. https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/46815656 (Definitely seems like it)

3 Likes

My laptop was supposed to be delivered last Thurs/Friday. Had the same issue with other people where the package sat in the same place for a few days. Got mine today. Delivered to a door that they shouldn’t have placed it (sub driver likely). Fortunately it was still there when I got home about 4 hours later. I was able to assemble it successfully (I5 DIY). Had issues with the touchpad (no left/right click, but tap touchpad…ok). I did the reseat of the cable and now all good!!

1 Like

Out of curiosity who’s still waiting for their Laptop for this batch?

@Alec_Henry, I am. But that’s a Customs problem.

@Alec_Henry I am, but it’s because FedEx is the worst shipping company I’ve ever had the misfortune of waiting on. The shipment was already behind, but it shipped through my city to another town 20 minutes away where it sat for 3 days. Now it’s being shipped back to my city (and it’s taken 2 days to move it about 20 miles) where I have to wait for it to be sorted again. Real pain in the ass. I just want my new laptop!

Framework please use a different shipping company!

Mine Shipped on shipped on Sept 24th and Fedex delayed it until Oct 5th. They came while I was out to lunch yesterday so finally got it today. Fedex ground is terrible the package has been here since last Wednesday according to the Fedex tracker.

@Alec_Henry Mine arrived just today.

3 Likes

FedEx has officially screwed the pooch.

The bed hath been thoroughly shate.

Monday Oct. 4, “attempted delivery”. I was home. Nobody tried to contact me. I get a delivery notice saying I must choose a pickup location or the package will be returned to sender.

Alright, I request a hold at one of the local shipping centres.

Tuesday Oct. 5. “Package not yet available for pickup. In transit at local FedEx facility.”

Wednesday Oct. 6. “Package not yet available for pickup. In transit at local FedEx facility.”

Thursday Oct. 7. “Package not yet available for pickup. In transit at local FedEx facility.”

If my laptop gets returned to Framework because of the sheer incompetence of FedEx, someone is going to be diagnosed with aliven’t.

7 Likes

The ETA for me was the 4th. And now it says “potential delayed”. Apparent it moved through a few states but no new location updates. Does it eventually arrive with the shipping tracker not updated?

Let me know if you need my services… :wink: :wink:

1 Like

FedEx are tossers… The whole lot of them! That’s just the proof they’re like that…

Laptop arrived on the 6th, delayed because of shipping woes, but it was worth the wait.
Thanks again to the framework support who fixed the address issue I had.

Doing all the tinkering now to get it set up just how I like it, sending this reply from the new laptop.

That’s just cruel to say to people waiting for their laptops!!! :laughing:

1 Like