usb-A expansion card suddenly not working

Hey all, I have had my FW latpop for over a year now and love it.

However, recently I have just ahd an issue that the usb-a epxansion card has suddeny stopped working out of no where. I was using it to transfer files from a usb and then, two days later, upon trying to connect a mouse etc, it just doesn’t work. I have tried moving the expansion card around to all of the slots to no avail - they all are working otherwise with the usb-c expansion card, sd card reader or HDMI expansion card. I have also done a reinstall of drivers which has made no difference.

To be clear i have a 11th gen intel running on windows - any advice as to how to tell whether this is a hardware or software issue and what the next steps could be would be much appreciated . Thanks in advance

I think it’s most likely to be a hardware problem within the card. USB-C to USB-A are simple cards. There is not much involved for the laptop to do when one is inserted.

1 Like

Having this issue with my usb A adapters rn as well, and HDMI doesn’t seem to work either though charging through usb C is still recognized. Restarting didn’t help. For some reason, unplugging and replugging the touchpad cable helped at some point, but the same thing didn’t work the second time. Any idea what the issue is? Could it be a touchpad cable or mainboard issue?

I had one of my USB A ports stop working randomly. For some reason, replugging it fixed it.

1 Like