Webcam and Microphone stopped working

Hello everyone. I am having an issue you with my laptop. I have the i7 - 1185G7 Mainboard (11th Gen Intel® Core™) and I am running Windows 11. Everything was working fine until I recently installed Microsoft Teams and now the camera and microphone don’t work. I have tried reset the start point and I reinstalled Teams. I have looked all over the internet to try to find a fix and I cannot seem to find anything. I have even tried OBS Studio and Zoom. None of them allow the camera and mic to work.

I know this is probably a silly suggestion, but did you maybe hit the mic and webcam kill switches near them on the lid?

2 Likes

Never a bad question, bit now I did not hit those buttons. I have also tried turning them off and on while restarting the computer.

Advanced SystemCare had a software that is called Driver Booster and it found an error with the drivers. I now have the camera working but the microphone isn’t working still.

Since your computer reported a driver error, try doing a fresh install of the Framework driver bundle and see if that fixes the issue for you. I was able to fix a trackpad gesture problem once like this.

I am not sure why I didn’t think of that, but I did it. The camera is still working, but I still don’t have the mic working.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?

Hi @Christopher_Meyer,

Please ensure that you are running the latest BIOS 3.07. We also recommend checking this guide: The speakers, microphone, or headphone jack on my Framework Laptop aren't working.

If this continues to be an issue for you, I would recommend submitting a ticket to our support team here: Framework | Support so they can ensure your laptop is performing as intended!

Thank you and have a great day!

1 Like

Hi from Paris,

I have an issue with mic and cam since my latest Windows 11 update a week ago. I resintalled the drive bundle but it doesn’t change anything.
No camera or mic detected by neither Discord nor, OBS, Skype, or Teams, neither in Windows parameters.

If I plug a headset, it works, the ones not working are the ones of the computer, which are a day tool to me as remote worker.

Thanks for any idea !

UPDATE

OK I found it : they are small black sliding button on top of the screen, to turn on and off mic and cam. My daughter probably discovered them before me.

I had the same issue and recently there was another update that was released by Microsoft and now it works again

I had the mic stop working, headphone mic too, so I figured it was the privacy switch. I pulled the bezel back to take a look, and couldn’t see much that could go wrong, so I put it back…and now it works!

I would advise this be part of basic internal mic/webcam troubleshooting, since there’s no software indicator as to when the system actually considers the privacy switch active, as apparently mine was active, despite playing with the physical switch every time I tested.

The web cam is working, I have the most recent Bios. I know it has to do with permissions. I go into setting and click the button it Windows to allow the mic to work and turns on and right back off. When I go to use it say to narrate slides in PowerPoint it says that I need to give permission.
I have Advance SystemCare on my laptop and I am pretty sure this is the culprit but I don’t know where to fix it.

1 Like

I am having the exact same issue. My mic and camera just stopped working all of a sudden. Did you ever find a solution?

1 Like

What OS? I would recommend you contact support to get more help troubleshooting.

I still have had now luck resolving this issue. The manual switches for the camera and
mic are on, most recent version of drivers, I have the 11th gen i7 processor and Windows 11. The camera is working but the mic is not.