Welcome! Please introduce yourself - 2nd edition

Howdy everyone!

I’m an accountant/system administrator in the U.S. I have Framework 13 and Framework 16, both pre-orders. As someone who manages a company’s “usual” technology and is tired of planned obsolescence and unnecessary e-waste due to current companies, I hope to see a company like Framework take off and rule the world of technology.

Framework is the tech we need for our future, and I would like to think that even by spending a little on two systems, I am even a tiny part of the better technology of the future.

3 Likes

Hi Cameron, welcome to the community!

1 Like

Hi everyone Jonnie from the UK here. I’ve really enjoyed reading through these posts. I am all in for a FW16 to use for music production. I work offshore and travel a lot so a desktop is no use. I, like many seemingly, have always previously used macs but have been put off by their memory and storage prices - I will max out the RAM on the 16 and hopefully never look back!

Glad to have a community to call on as I get used to using Windows and new hardware for the foreseeable future!

Batch 20 pre-order in the bag.

3 Likes

Greetings, fellow frameworkers!

I’m Kostya, a Computer Science and Engineering student from Spain, who’s excited for the future of upgradeable and repairable tech!

I have just received my Batch 11 Framework 16 and can’t wait to try out Arch with ALHP/CachyOS repositories on it, alongside Sway WM to squeeze absolutely every drop of performance out of my machine, while documenting it all on my YouTube channel.

I stand completely behind Framework’s mission statement, and hope that together we can shift the market to a more sustainable, consumer-friendly future!

Framework FTW!!

1 Like

Hi Jonnie, welcome to the community! we have a few community members here who are into music production, I’m sure you’ll have a lot to share!

1 Like

Hi Kostya, welcome to the community! I’m pretty sure we’ll have lot of people here who will be interested in your Framework Laptop 16 related YouTube content!

It hasn’t worked for me.

I decided to with Framework after hearing good things about the 13" Intel version and my Razer 14 laptop decided to die on me probably due to overheating. Asurion gave me the cost of the laptop back and I decided to use that to get the Framework 16.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community!

Thank you! :smile:

Hello! My name is Gabriel! Looking forward to my B-19 Framework 16 laptop! I’m mostly a software guy but looking forward to a more flexible laptop platform after getting tired of OEM parts problems, lack of support, poorly built, unmaintainable laptops.

If anyone has questions about canoeing or hiking recommendations in northern Wisconsin, Minnesota, or Michigan’s UP shoot me a DM. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome to the community Gabriel!

1 Like

Hello! My name is Alain and I’m patiently waiting for my B-20 Framework 16. I’m an infrastructure systems engineer with a lot of experience in virtualization. My main driver in using the Framework is to have a “permanent” laptop that has the power to run virtual workloads. I use Docker for Python and blogging but I want to run full virtual machines in a very portable lab. That’s the plan with a Framework with max memory and the multiple cores available on the Ryzen CPUs. I also have found myself doing more Linux (RHEL, Ansible, etc) these days which is a hoot since I haven’t’ done heavy UNIX/Linux since my college days which was back in the dark ages.

2 Likes

More like the renaissance if you were using Ansible back then. :-))

Welcome.

Dino

Welcome to the community Alain!

My name is Scott Gordon, I’m a hacker, not a coder. Lot’s of interests, too many. Background is science and engineering. Definitely interested in imaging/image processing, AI to a lesser extent, too/very hypey & closed right now. Open source for sure. Politically => Pink - current system has become too corporate, need to add the human touch, especially now. Too much waste, too much money in everything. Triple bottom line.

Documentation is not very good here. There is no tab to POST, only to REPLY. There are no 3 dots, only 3 lines. If it’s a menu, please call it a menu, and identify it as such. The ‘intuitive thing’ is a terrible thing. It’s NOT intutitve. it needs to be explained. Start here, do this , like this, to learn HOW to navigate the ‘intuitive’.
e.g. to find the menu - look for the 3 lines.
Whoever chose gray for active…bleccch, it’s a terrible choice across the board, such low contrast, hard to see, hard to find. Historically gray meant INACTIVE. Why change it? How about ORANGE for active - throughout i.e. consistency is good.

Hi Scott, welcome to the community!

i understand that you are not super familiar with our forum format and shared your feedback about it, we appreciate it. Please let us know if you need help navigating the forums or have other feedback.

Hi, Evelyn from Germany here :)
I’m a cs-bachelor student, who’s also heavily interested in 3d printing, tinkering, some programming, custom keyboards and more.

I have not yet converted to a framework but am heavily considering it.
I may ask in another corner of the forum but what I’m currently lacking to fully convince me is the modularity of the new 16’’ Framework but in the size of the 13’’ ( 14’’ even).

Other than that I really like the idea, concept and execution, it’s amazing how much these products have developed over time.
Designing a custom keyboard might be one of the aspects I’m interested in the most.

3 Likes

Hi Evelyn, welcome to the community!!

1 Like