AMD Batch 4 Guild

If you’re a hoarder like me, definitely go for a 2TB one, your life is going to be soo much nicer. Or perhaps even 4TB? :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

I’m definitely a data hoarder. “Hmm, I should go through my old videos and decided what I don’t really need. Or, I could just upsize the HDs in my NAS…” *starts looking at HDs online…

2 Likes

Past performance is not indicative of future results, but, I have been looking at timelines from the past AMD batches. Preparing your batch emails have been going out on a Thursday/Friday, with the first payments the following Tuesday/Wednesday (today for batch 4). If all goes well, some people may have their Batch 4 frameworks in hand by the weekend! Some of the deliveries have been rapid, just a couple of days.

And for those in later batches, it looks like they are sending out the preparing your batch emails once a week! Batch 5 email on Friday 3 November possibly…?

1 Like

I got a shipping email from Framework yesterday, and got excited.

…until I remembered I recently placed a separate order for additional expansion cards. It was just that shipment. :confused:

Hopefully we start to see some folks posting Batch 4 payment or shipping notifications over the next few days.

2 Likes

Yeah, the 3 business day grace period ends today, so I’m hoping someone gets something soon (and perhaps that someone could be me :p)

2 Likes

I saw in a video that for the 7840u processor, sometimes it demands more then 60w…

Somebody can confirm that? To be safe, I was thinking about buying the 100w instead of 60w.

1 Like

I think Framework have even mentioned this. Those situations should be brief and the system will simply draw from the battery slightly at those moments. It’s why they recommend a higher output power supply when running the board in standalone mode in order to ensure max performance.

2 Likes

Womp womp hopefully we get our email soon

2 Likes

Still hoping to get charged this week…

While not so patiently waiting, I did order a 2TB SSD, lol.

4 Likes

My credit card just got charged! Woo-hoo! \o/
(ordered May 18)

5 Likes

Ooh, it’s happening!

2 Likes

I also just got charged. Jay!

2 Likes

Same here :slight_smile:
(Ordered on 06 Jun 2023)

2 Likes

No trouble for me in my day to day usage (~2weeks).
The temps are good unless you runs ssd benchmarks all day long.
Even during gaming session the temperature of the whole laptop is a little bit hot but still moderate for the usecase (I did not benchmarked the drive temps though). I’ve got no jerks nor slow down. So far so good.

1 Like

I ordered June 5 2023 and mine still says my order status is “Pre-Order Confirmed”. Hopefully that’s not indicative of an issue. I thought it was supposed to say “Preparing the batch” since I’m in batch 4 with R7.

1 Like

I ordered June 5 2023 and mine still says my order status is “Pre-Order Confirmed”. Hopefully that’s not indicative of an issue. I thought it was supposed to say “Preparing the batch” since I’m in batch 4.

Just checked, mine also still shows the same Status (" Pre-Order Confirmed") even though “Remaining amount due” is at 0€ so don’t worry about it

2 Likes

Charged! Ordered May 30th, to Germany :slight_smile:

1 Like

Charged just now! Ordered R7 on June 10.

1 Like

Just curious. Have you all gotten emails from Framework about being charged, or are you just seeing the charge on your bank/card?

2 Likes

It is funny to see so many people being happy because they’ve been charged :rofl: However, I am looking forward to that as well (Batch 5).

I have a question for those who have been charged. Did you have the option to choose how to pay or the payment has been taken as per the original payment (the pre-order)?

1 Like