FW16 Batch 7 Guild

im going 4 and 1 for boot drive for 5 total

2 Likes

Pleasure to meet everyone. Hopefully we can share notes if issues arise that may be batch specific. I’m looking forward to my DIY 16!

2 Likes

Just one 4TB 2280 for me. I’ll leave the 2230 slot open for now.

1 Like

You must have entirely too much time on your hands if this concerns you. I envy you.

1 Like

Just stating my opinion, nothing wrong with that, is there?

Until I finally receive my FL16, it does feel like having too much time, as I’ve done all the preps I could do without it.

2 Likes

Absolutely not - I’m just pulling your leg.

I hear you about time too.

1 Like

Hi. It’s a pleasure to meet everyone.

Do we have any thoughts about our shipping date? I’m making do with castoff laptops at the moment.

Stay safe and well, Everyone.

2 Likes

Well, until they announce batch 3 it will be difficult to predict the timings since the lunar new year made things a bit confusing. However, based on what i know of the AMD 13’s preorder, with how new batches would start shipping every week or so, I’m guessing that the announcement will be on the week of March 20th, and they will likely finish shipping the batch by the first week or so of April.

This is all speculation

3 Likes

So batch 3 is already getting their emails, based on this topic: Batches Shipping Log

2 Likes

Oh damn, that was like 5 days from the batch 2 prep emails. I know it isn’t necessarily indicative of actual shipping dates, but this moves my schedule up considerably

1 Like

I am from batch 7, already order crucial 96gb ram kit, thinking of team group 1tb m2.2230 and Kingston 2TB KC3000, what ssd are you thinking?

2 Likes

Sabrent 2230 Rocket NVMe 4.0 1TB
Crucial 2280 T500 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe SSD CT2000T500SSD8
If I’ve done my research proper, they both are good (but not #1), TLC (for good endurance), and low power use (hopefully to help with longer battery life and lower temps).

3 Likes

Torn between the fast Gen4 WD Black that Framework sells or the fast Gen4 Lexar, I have decided I’m getting 2TB instead of 4

1 Like

You mean Lexar NM790 4TB?

1 Like

Yeah but the 2TB version

1 Like

when I made the precoder i was like well when i do get this everything will be last gen but i didn’t think the wifi would be old i been trying to find wifi 7

1 Like

seems like over kill lol this is not a super computer

I might need because I am using fusion 360, and doing programming with multiple containers, multiple vm need to run as well (with cloud, those vm cost are expensive for my activity). And machine learning… :smiley:

3 Likes

Really in USA? here in Ozi they are normally higher price than US.

1 Like

Worldwide. The source is a german IT-News site.
What’s Ozi? Oceania?