FW16 Batch 7 Guild

Presume Ozi is Australia.

1 Like

Looks like I’ve found the right spot. :smile: Gotta play the waiting game again though.

2 Likes

yes thats right Australia, oz as short form.

1 Like

How is everyone doing with the 1st 3 batches starting finally shipping? what are you doing to wait it out. are you finding hard to keep your preorder watching better cheaper and available come out. Or is everything that you like and hope for is keeping you here.

I’m getting by with buying what I need to assemble my laptop ram, storage, DE Brand skins and trying to find a Wi-Fi 7 card. but its still hard to trust that we will ever get a new main board that will be up to date its hard to pay $2400 for no ram & storage and have to wait so long but hey I play star Citizen.

2 Likes

I am a batch 14er(7 * 2, :D) and auto-digesting myself at this point.

2 Likes

I can only advise against using dbrand skins.

I mean that’s fair, the customization is rather unfortunate, but the quality is really good. I have one of their Teardown skins on my switch, and I cannot count the amount of horrified looks i have gotten from people concerned for my console. It’s hillarious. The only reason i’m not getting one from them for the 16 is because I like to stickerbomb laptops.

2 Likes

I’m getting a bit anxious considering how long it has been since the Batch 3 emails without anything for 4, so i’m a bit worried i won’t have it by April. Other than that though, a GeForce Now subscription is all thats keeping me from grabbing a cheap laptop from best buy for the wait and selling it later. Definetly still keeping that preorder though, i have waited too long with my current POS to give up now.

1 Like

Hello, I’m joining this thread. I too am anxiously waiting for my Framework laptop 16. I ordered expansion modules ahead of time and I bought 16gb x 2 Crucial 5600 mt/s memory, 1tb sabrent M.2 2230 (for Windows), 2tb wd black M.2 2280 (for Debian Linux). I understand Linux keyboards are in short supply and delaying other customers. I might switch to the Windows keyboard. It’s annoying that I have to switch between Windows and Linux compatibility in the BIOS. I took both operating systems due to compatibility. I can’t run my 3d printer app and some applications without Windows. I’ll probably leave my compatibility as Linux because that is my primary OS.

I am checking other batch guilds to see when each batch is shipping and what’s holding everyone up. Once it gets close to our batch, I’ll change things around if it’s necessary. I bought a laptop bag and 3d printed two magnetic gray expansion card holders. One holds the framework screwdriver, then I filled in the framework logo with black UV epoxy resin to cover up the stringy mess and it makes the logo stand out more.

Here’s my configuration.

Ryzen™ 7 7840HS
AMD Radeon™ RX 7700S 
Expansion bay shell
Numpad Module
Black spacers
Black laptop bezel
International English - Linux keyboard
180W charger
2 Likes

So I ended up buying my 2TB nvme… for reasons completely unrelated to the batch shipping log. Anyways, I ended up getting a Samsung 990 Pro

1 Like

Reporting in for the Batch 7 Guild. Psyched for my workstation and gaming upgrade!

2 Likes

Batch 4 is reporting a lot of emails as of about 6 hours ago. Multiple people reporting that they had delayed items in their build and also got the email. Won’t be long now!

6 Likes

I’m watching the batch 4 guild. One person reported the laptop is going to ship with a Linux keyboard. No one confirmed if orders are being held back. One person mentioned it though. Sounds like the majority of batch 4 people will get their laptop soon. Time to stalk batch 5 and 4. Do you know which items are out of stock?

1 Like

From what I can gather, RGB spacers, linux keyboards, macro pads, and I think a few foreign keyboards were delayed. As of right now, I don’t know what’s still being delayed, or if they’re waiting for anything at all. Hopefully they’re in full swing and stuff will go out pretty fast.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I’m trying to figure out the timing for each batch, it looks like 2 weeks, but I heard the first 3 batches are slower and on top of that we have component shortages, which makes this whole thing difficult to predict. We’ll see when batch 5 gets their emails. It’s too early to tell.

I’ve got my fingers crossed that parts are in and they’re finding their groove now. I hope this is the calm before the storm. I work 12 hour days, and that means two things: One, I need something to help keep me occupied. Two, I have 12 hours per day of nothing to do but think about how much I want my Framework 16! It’s torture! I’ve got all my parts, I have a good power source, I’ve got my LTT backpack/LLT bag, and I’ve got reliable wifi. (I usually work in the middle of nowhere) The show is ready, all I need is my star! It’s getting hard to keep the excitement contained and just stay chill while I wait. From what I’ve read, I’m likely preaching to the choir though.

2 Likes

Dang you work 12 hours shifts, that’s rough. I’m excited when I hit the 8 hour mark, I clock out and I’m out of there as fast as I can.

Yeah, the laptop keeps my mind off of the stresses of work.

Edit: I shortened my comment

I read what you said prior to your edit, in the notification email. That’s a hard hit to take, and it was delivered in a very cold and heartless way. I wish you the best of luck in that situation. I hope it all works out for the best. In the meantime, we can sit here and think about all the wonderful time we will spend with our Framework 16s in the near future. Hopefully, they will show up soon. Perhaps a job search would be the ideal way to break in your new laptop?

1 Like

Yep, that’s the best way I can use my Framework 16. I’ll hunt down an IT job, I just barely got the core CompTIA certs. I haven’t built my own laptop before. I have repaired my laptops and upgraded them. I had to tear one down from the bottom, then the top just to get to the Bluetooth slot. That was a huge pain, it’ll be nice to have a laptop that is easy to repair. I’m glad framework stepped up and built a laptop like this.

1 Like

I’ve repaired a few of my laptops in the past. It really can be a pain. I agree with you a bajillion percent with Framework. I actually cheered out loud when I learned exactly what it is they’re doing. Right to Repair, e-waste, environmental impact, level of quality, passion for the product, care for the customer, all things I think Framework is doing right.

2 Likes