[RESPONDED] AMD Batch 1 Guild

I ordered my Ryzen 5 without wifi. I went back to the configuration page for DIY Ryzen 5, and acted like I was placing a new order. It never gave me an option for wifi. I wonder why. I guess when mine gets here I could try the wifi card from my old laptop, but I don’t know whether that will work. Strange.

I totally understand the KB article not having all of the retail modules listed and instead having just the chips they used. however, Im having some trouble actually matching the chips up to a retail kit, id really love to go with a crucial ddr5 kit but since non-ecc micron chips havent been tesed im having trouble finding anything concrete. what have you guys found so far?

1 Like

i dont see why it wouldnt work, intel wifi chips are industry standard and the drivers are separate from chipset/io drivers but my guess is that the amd wifi board drivers are going to be in the druver bundle framework releases, so just expect to redownload the wifi drivers.

I’m also Batch 1 Ryzen 5 :slight_smile: It was supposed to replace my 11th gen so it can be given to my father to replace a 12 year old Lenovo laptop. Unfortunately while installing the RTC replacement module I apparently broke the mainboard.

So if anyone here is in Europe and only upgrading his mainboard, I’d gladly take it of your hand :wink:

anyone outside of America get charged yet?

Actually that’s not entirely true. Some m.2 intel wifi chips use a CNVio interface instead of PCIe so part of the logic is actually handled on the CPU side and that’s why they are Intel only.
However I think all the Amd motherboards come with the wifi card if I am not mistaken.

2 Likes

That would be great if the AMD comes with the wifi card. My old card is an Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200.

Update: silly me. My old laptop has an AMD CPU in it. So the Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 would probably not rely on the CPU to work. Other Intel wifi cards may be different.

It does.

good to know! all ive known so far is desktop mobos so choosing my own is harder to distinguish

Yep, I got charged pretty early. Germany here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My bezel choice was translucent & is not represented in this poll

1 Like

Unfortunately, I am not able to add to the list once five minutes has passed.

When creating the polls, I copied from what is currently available in the order config page. That option is apparently no longer available, so kudos to you for potentially snagging a limited run item! I admit it does seem like it would be cool, so I hope they decide to make more of them in the future.

I believe they said the molding process is more difficult for the translucent bezels and the yields were far worse. They couldn’t fix it without re-tooling, which is too expensive, so they probably just won’t make any more. Something along those lines.

That’s a bummer, but thank you for the info!

I guess folks will have to set an eBay alert or hope one pops up in the Marketplace when FW enables customer listings. If there’s enough demand, I imagine they’ll reconsider :wink:

ooh. I also got translucent. Guess I am lucky

I was yesterday. Germany

4 Likes

looks like someone on the subreddit just got a shipping confirmation email. that’s epic.
I’m still patiently waiting for payment confirmation… :eyes::face_with_hand_over_mouth::melting_face::upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I’ve got mine too.

4 Likes

Windows. I’m using way too much Windows-only software to wage the adventure of getting it to run with wine or the like.

2 Likes

Apparently mine is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday. Those will be a very long few days!

4 Likes

I’m so stoked for you guys. and also jealous! I really hope my payment and shipping happens before the weekend…
fingers crossed!

2 Likes