Shipping dates FW 16

I don’t intend to sound rude, but that’s the inherent risk of a pre-order. If you’re uncomfortable with uncertain delivery times and quality, then preordering probably isn’t for you.

4 Likes

That’d be bad.
I’ve been hanging on with my R5 3500U Lenovo 16" laptop, but honestly it’s just agonizingly slow for dev. After upgrading from 8 → 20GB RAM it was at least okay-ish, but there’s so many small things that kind of frustrate me with it.
Especially the keyboard locking up on key combinations of sometimes just 2 which makes quite a lot of my shortcuts useless and the meh battery life (~3 hours with dev stuff running, didn’t measure it though).

Really looking forward to the Framework 16 and its QMK based keyboard. That’ll be soooo much better and I might even switch to NixOS, as it’s kinda hard to get the xkb stuff running there as a noob ^^

The fact that the Laptop 16 is the first and only laptop using QMK makes it an easy choice, as long as it’s not awful (which it surely isn’t). So I’m keeping my preorder for sure, even if it takes a little longer still. Just hoping it won’t be that much longer, as we all likely are.

Apparently Framework was over optimistic about the progress of 16, it is much harder than they expect. They indeed open their pre-order toooooo early…I got a tough time for waiting mine…

I honestly just think they bit off far more than they could chew.

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: What will you use your Framework Laptop 16 for?

That’s an undeniable fact (although not bit that far). But, as long as apple still needs me to pay facking 700 dollar to repair my i5 MacBook screen which worth 1400 itself, fw is on the right track, and I won’t blame on shipping time.

1 Like

My issues are more with the communication, which was lacking early on, and then apparently is going to trail off now that the first batch is being shipped. This feels like a bit of an own goal, I have to say.

Configurations with the RGB keyboard (keyboard, not macropad) have started shipping (got my shipping notification this morning).

8 Likes

:partying_face:

Enjoy! I hope to have a similar email after the holiday.

1 Like

lets gooooo

i also have an rgb keyboard and now im just anxiously smashing refresh on my order summary page

2 Likes

Nice! Enjoy!

1 Like

I don’t think so, it just proved more popular than they thought, along with the FW13 AMD. At least the problems from the FW13 AMD should result in appropriate fixes for the FW16.

As to shipping dtaes, it would be nice to have an update about a week after the factory gets back underway after Lunar NY. An estimate from @nrp about how often batch emails go out, i would think by the time they get to the third batch it should be every 1 - 1.5 weeks/batch, it will certainly need to be that to fulfill the back orders by end of Q2.

2 Likes

maybe, but as with the FW13 AMD, they had up to four batches shipping at a time, depending on the combination of accessories that were available. They don’t wait until they have finished one batch before they start the next batch.

Go back through the FW 13 AMD guild postings and see that I am right. They did start off a bit slow then kept speeding up in sending out batch emailsas time went by.

2 Likes

They won’t necessarily ship all of batch 1 before starting to ship batch 2. Orders won’t ship until all parts of the order are available. If some batch 1 orders are still waiting on RGB macropads or LED matrix modules, but all parts are available for certain batch 2 orders, those orders from batch 2 may start shipping. So just because ALL of batch 1 may not ship before sometime in March, doesn’t mean batch 2 won’t have already started shipping.

2 Likes

Oh I believe you. Apologies for coming across as…a tad harsh.

1 Like

Update: just got it this morning, havent had a chance to fully setup yet but i can tell right off the bat that they keyboard and screen flex are not even a fraction of what I’ve seen from other people online

18 Likes

Hello everyone, I would like to know if there are many people in batch 1 like me who have not yet received the shipping confirmation email?
Config ordered in France
7940HS
No ram no ssd
French keyboard layout
Orange bezel and spacers
No GPU
180w power adapter.

3 Likes

I have not received shipping confirmation or had my card charged either. My order is pretty standard, no rgb things or out of stock items that framework has mentioned.

4 Likes

I’m batch 1. 7840HS
with GPU
No Ram , No ssd
US English keyboard.

Still nothing. refreshing email constantly.

3 Likes

No shipping confirmation or card charges, also Batch 1.

USA
DIY
7940HS
7700S
32GB RAM - 2X16GB
SN850X 2TB
RGB US English
Black Bezel
LED Matrix
Numpad
and a handful of expansion cards

3 Likes