Shipping dates FW 16

I received it via email around 40 minutes ago.

1 Like

Ah, forgot to check for any new newsletter.
Yeah, for anyone else wondering, it’s a quote from the Framework newsletter, you won’t find it on their blog.

2 Likes

Can you subscribe to the newsletter via RSS?

1 Like

Looks like there is an RSS option under “Social” if you scroll to the bottom of the FW website. I’m not sure if that would only mirror posts made to the usual platforms, rather than the newsletter though.

You can subscribe via email there for sure though :slight_smile:

Looks like blog only.

Good Point MJ1. Not a proper blog post, even as it read like one in my inbox.

I’m subbed to their RSS feed, and this “newsletter” was not published to it.

Only email - though I pasted the the FW16 section in it’s entirety. There was a callout to the thread NRP started about gathering more input on the LED matrix behaviors/features, which is available on this forum.

1 Like

i have entered my email multiple times into that subscribe box, yet never have i recieved an email. wasn’t a big deal to me, since i thought the newsletter is just the blog post and i am checking the website weekly anyway…
but appearantly i have been missing out on some updates!

EDIT: a tale as old as email: “Look in the spam folder” or something like that. i switched to a different email client, that automatically sorts newsletters to a seperate folder :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Kudos to you for admitting it :slight_smile: Plenty of people wouldn’t

2 Likes

We will get news regarding batch 1, within two weeks, be that, “Hey guys its delayed because we have had issues” OR “Please make sure you have money in your bank” so that is rather exciting.

edit: was accidentally a reply to a specific user.

2 Likes

Hey friends, the order page says batch 14 is supposed to be shipped in Q2. Just to make it clear: does that mean Q2 2024? There’re so many batches that I’m not sure whether it’s 2024 or 2025 :sweat_smile:

Yes, Q2 2024

1 Like

Is it mid-november yet? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Ready to roll! :slight_smile:
Indeed I am one too :wink:

1 Like

Same. Currently using an XPS13 Intel Core i5-5200U from 2015. Main issue is the 4gb of ram solder to the board. If I had 8gb, I might not have even bought a new computer but I think I could use a 16 inch screen.

1 Like

Batch 2 but couldn’t wait any longer. Needed something immediately so I purchased a 2023 XPS 17 with RTX 4070 and loving it so far. Will see if I end up liking the FW 16 more. Luckily Best Buy has that extended holiday return period

3 Likes

@Wajid_Khan

How log can u return it? I think you might like the XPS a lot its an awesome device.

1 Like

@Ian_Thomas Jan 13. I love the screen and games are great so far but that modularity on FW 16… man… idk

I also can’t wait any longer, but I can’t find any other option for Linux that has what Framework has, so I’m somewhat stuck. Tuxedo doesn’t have ANSI keyboards, System76 doesnt have 2560x1600 screen options, and StarLabs doesn’t have options with a dGPU, all of which are dealbreakers for me.

The XPS 17 doesn’t have Wi-Fi 6E and the card is soldered, not great for a premium 2023 laptop and would basically kill it for me, as I do have a Wi-Fi 6 router but may get one that is 6E soon. Also, I heard Linux support on recent XPS laptops have been pretty poor, as has the recent Dell XPS 13 & 13 Plus.

Finally, Dell quality control and customer service has been pretty bad in my recent experience.

As much as I cant wait anymore for my Batch 1 laptop to ship out, I don’t really have any other alternative option.

To be honest, currently I have just an extended console when on vacation, using a “PineBook pro”.

At home I still have an old noname i7-8550U kingdel box workstation hooked up to a decent calibrated 4K screen.
But, when I’m traveling (holidays), that’s when I make videos, and that’s when I could actually spend some time cutting them together. that’s when I need power :}
So - in the meantime, I don’t mind waiting.

Luckily I ordered my FW16 approx 5 min after the announcement mail came out. So I am part of the first batch receivers! :} Eager to get it though! :smiley:

I dont have a personal laptop yet so i feel the push, as soon as I get my framework I can work on some personal projects at a cafe or at home, or where ever I want really.

So im dead excited for it, so im not limited to my home so much.