Warranty Claim Declined - Seeking Clarification

Hi Framework Community,

I wanted to bring attention to an issue I’ve been facing regarding my warranty claim. Over a year ago, my claim was declined, which I believe was an error. To add to the frustration, my threads on this matter were blocked on the forum and Reddit. Here are the relevant discussions for reference:

I’ve since discovered that Framework has updated its policy regarding unsupported EU countries, as detailed here.

Additionally, during this process, I received some messages accusing me of fraud, which were quite upsetting. The purpose of this message is to remind Framework that they should care about their community and, when they change their approach, they should inform consumers like me. Clear and proactive communication would greatly enhance the customer experience and prevent such frustrations in the future.

Have a nice day, and moderators can lock this thread at their discretion.

Which country do you live in?

I mean, they are very upfront about the risks of freight forwarding their products. They only serve specific countries for a reason, they can’t just send stuff however and wherever they want. Most of the time it will not even make it past checkout. I don’t know what you are trying to achieve right now or what you think they could’ve done better.

1 Like

In b4 thread gets locked lol

No but really, having been in those threads, I’m not sure what purpose this thread serves but I wish you well @Kamil_Hanus.

Ooooh…so now Framework does accommodate / allow / permit freight forwarding within the EU (at the buyer’s own expense / arrangement), as long as the shipping address that Framework has to ship to is one of their supported EU countries. That’s a good thing, right?

@Kamil_Hanus, are you saying that initially, due to Framework stance on not allowing freight forwarding (and not complying to EU laws correctly), your warranty claim was declined. But afterwards, likely due to Framework having consulted with legal council, they’ve then updated the policy?

Framework might need to further clarify this statement:
"If the package does ship to its final destination by the forwarding company, any damage will be the responsibility of the customer or forwarding company, not Framework. "

Does that mean:

1. The package begins its journey by the forwarding company? Or
  2. The package has left the supported EU country (left the border)? Or
  3. Something else?

The responsibility cut-over isn’t exactly clear in the wording (to me). If it’s situation 1, that needs to further clarify as to what it means by “begins its journey”…e.g. Is placing on a truck of the forwarding company (without starting the truck’s engine) constitute the start of a journey?

I initially was thinking the same thing. But now, having read the policy, I have questions…

1 Like

It means that Framework will not cover any damage caused by the forwarder or the shipping company that the forwarder hires to deliver the product to an unsupported region. Once it is delivered by FedEx to the forwarding company and it is no longer in FedEx’s custody, any additional damage is the forwarding company’s responsibility (or the customer’s, if the forwarding company does not provide insurance).

There’s this “If a package is damaged in transit to the forwarding company based in an EU country that we ship to from our 3rd Party Logistics partner (3PL), please instruct the forwarding company to notify you immediately, with proof of damage (images, video, etc.), prior to forwarding activity

Shouldn’t the forwarding company just straight up deny to receive it? Because by that wording, it almost sounds like “proof of damage” is done while the package is already in the forwarding company’s custody.

The forwarder could refuse delivery, just as a customer in a supported region could. If the forwarder accepts delivery and notices damage after, they need to provide Framework with proof of damage before allowing any other courier to take custody of the package, or it is assumed that the second courier caused the damage.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. It’s a lot clearer now.
In the case of a damaged item, there are two options as you’ve noted.

Given the title what clarification do you want and if you want it from Framework why ask on the forum? Can you not email Framework?

As for the warranty claim denied, which you consider a mistake, without detail from both you and Framework I can not begin to assess that.

As for what Framework ‘should’ do is solely down to them.

Clear and proactive sounds reasonable, but there will always be cases where people are unhappy and become very frustrated, there are a few threads on support being slow etc.

So how are you now? Did you keep the laptop and have it working now?