AMD Batch 9 Guild

Excited for y’all, this thing is nice.

RE: Needing to flash BIOS:

Mine came with BIOS 3.03, the most recent update.

1 Like

UK - just shipped

3 Likes

Ditto for UK, got the notification a little while ago. Can’t wait to use a decent laptop again :smiley:

4 Likes

Seems like it is a cheap upgrade (I find an AX210 on amazon.es at around 20 Euros). Did you perform any tests before/after? Has there been any tests elsewhere? A thread maybe? I would really like to know more before doing something like this

UK, DIY, 7640U, No RAM/SSD

Payment was taken last night, no email confirmation but was showing on my online order status. Shipment notification received for FedEx this morning.

No estimated delivery date yet, but expect at least a few days.

1 Like

@Yukon
Sorry, that was a typo. I have a 7840U.

It has now shipped, expected delivery: 07.12

1 Like

I havent run Arch in mor than 10 years. im not sure i have the fortitude for it anymore. im getting old.

1 Like

Not personally. I know from previous experience that the Intel wifi cards work better then the mediatek ones. The framework subreddit also shows people on the AMD board having issues with the mediatek cards that simply don’t happen when using the Intel cards.

Just received my shipped email. My FW should be here in Las Vegas on Thursday.

1 Like

I’m old too.
There are Arch-based distros…
like EndeavorOS / Garuda / Manjaro which are easy to install and beginner-friendly.

1 Like

Don’t have time to fully unbox it till weekend.

Wish you guys get yours soon!

3 Likes

dont really need ‘friendly’ i’ve used Manjaro and Endeavor before. I just like Debian.

2 Likes

Shipped today this morning (UK time), due on Friday according to tracking.

Hasn’t shown up on my credit card yet. Hoping they forgot to charge me :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

I received my Batch 9 Ryzen 5 motherboard yesterday. I will likely do the board transplant this evening. (Florida)

4 Likes

Still not charged yet… :sob:
Happy for you all though. As long as i get it before the holidays that‘s fine, i guess. I‘m planning to use the quiet days to install Arch (just as a learning experience).

3 Likes

Fingers crossed for you hear something soon and get it as a early Christmas present!

Charged 36 hours ago, received a “Shipped” email 5 hours ago.

The tracking info shows pickup time as “Dec 06 2023 04:39 pm TAOYUAN, 337, TW, Taiwan”, but the estimation for delivery is “In transit Arriving on Dec 11, 2023 (Mon)”, which seems much longer that other messages i’ve read in this thread.

In any case, not really complaining, just keeping up with the stream of “mine shipped too” so people not having been notified yet know that packages are still slowly rolling out.

2 Likes

I’ve been charged for the device and received shipping confirmation. Due for delivery on 08/12 to the UK. Gutted as I go away for a week that day so it will have to wait until I’m back!

No, that’s mostly normal. They don’t deliver on the weekend for whatever reason, and while arriving Friday would be possible, it’s not super likely depending on customs delays and other circumstances. Dec 11 is just the next possible day.