Batch 2 - Intel 12th - Guild

They’re moving quick. Got my tracking number the day after my Step 4 email.

3 Likes

Delivery! Here’s the full timeline:
Ordered: June 21
Step 2: August 2
Step 3: August 23
Step 4: August 26
Step 5: August 29
Received: September 1

To reiterate, I have a DIY i5 with RAM and charger included, x6 expansion cards. Looks like once they ship it goes fast (which is great after so much waiting). That few weeks in August between steps was rough though. Hang in there all!

Edit: Forgot location, USA.
Edit 2: Added to the spreadsheet

3 Likes

I (1280p/2x32GB/2TB SN850/adapter) have shipped! Tracking says next Wednesday 7th. Spreadsheet updated.

3 Likes

i5-1240p DIY has shipped!

2 Likes

I still have not received any new emails. I think I will contact support tomorrow asking for a more precise date. Furthermore, I really need my laptop for school, and I’m sick of waiting.

2 Likes

Not sure what I’m going to do once my laptop arrives. Checking this thread has become something of a ritual.

7 Likes

Wow - shipped on 30/08 and delivered to Germany at 01/09. I am very impressed.
And I really like the experience so far :slight_smile:
Installed Ubuntu 22.04 LTS with LVM/encryption and run the automatic script from the forum and now I have hibernation :slight_smile:

DIY 1240 with 6 expansion cards (two added short before payment), power adapter and RAM.

2 Likes

PS I would like to mention that FedEx had on their site that my expected delivery date was next week Wednesday (September 7th) but then it changed to today.

As a 11th Gen Batch One purchaser, please remember the larger batch has smaller batches within, based on the accessories included.
Mine ended up arriving in August, 84 days after the initial order, and in August, not even in July when “promised”. And I live in the same state as the shipping facility Framework was using at the time.
It was worth the wait!
Enjoy yours when you get it.
Hopefully you will have no issues, I know there are different issues reported in the forum, but people with no problems don’t post.

Check the thread on your new laptop?

4 Likes

It’s finally happening! I5-1240p shipped! Got the preparing to ship email yesterday, and the shipping email today!

3 Likes

cheer for others

3 Likes

That I can do!

3 Likes

Probably. There should be a virtual party once the final Batch 2 ships.

5 Likes

Alright, I received it this morning and 7.5 hours ago I started messing with it. Build was quick, windows 11 install and general customization took some time, but nothing major.

The main thing I want to say is that I’m using it in closed clamshell mode, standing vertically in a laptop stand with the rear hinge upwards. And I rarely to never hear the fan running when doing normal stuff. It’s great, better than I expected!

I have HWInfo64 installed and am monitoring CPU temp and it’s rarely above 40C. Granted, besides installing software, I have not done anything truly intense. But so far, so great! Also set mx charge to 70% in the BIOS as closed clamshell will be my 95% use case.

I hope everyone else’s initially impression will be as positive as mine!

2 Likes

I’m in.

4 Likes

A virtual party is a great idea. I think we can do it after 15th September, since I don’t expect all the laptops to arrive earlier.

4 Likes

Finally received my FW! See below for details and timeline:

1240p DIY - No SSD, No RAM, No OS, 5 Expansion Cards, Power Adapter - Shipped to US

1. Ordered - 6/13/22
  2. Step 2 - 8/1/22
  3. Step 3 - 8/23/22
  4. Step 4 - 8/26/22
  5. Step 5 - 8/29/22
  6. Received - 9/1/22

I spent most of last night getting it setup. Installed Fedora 36 with Gnome 42, and it is spectacular! The attention to details like the screws not falling out of the back panel and the included screwdriver being magnetized just reconfirmed my love for FW and belief in their business model. Good luck to all still waiting!

P.S. Attached bonus desktop pic :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would appear the Germany/Netherlands/UK region is
particularly affected by the delays. Some have been waiting for more than 80 days while similar North American orders are shipped in 40-60 days.

Looks like it could potentially still take a full month for us, as payment hasn’t taken place yet. Are all orders really going to make September? (inc. delivery).

Feels like FW are probably bring shafted by their fulfillment partner, although I’d be interested to know more about the i7 models delays, i5 seems to be going fine :confused:

Best Regards,
Varg

1 Like