Batch 5: November Recipients Unite!

Im going to guess it’s by order number.

They batch similar configurations together to pick and ship, including the accessories ordered.
So batches within batches.
Of course. The community has no clue what order is chosen, it may depend on availability of components.

3 Likes

On a positive note Framework has more or less managed to remove the wait for the 1185G7 variant. Someone ordered this on the weekend and got their card charged a handful of hours ago. That should mean there’s some kind of end date for pre orders in sight.

1 Like

It would be amazing if they could provide a general estimate, like “We’re x% through shipping the batch, most people should have their emails in Y days” or something. On the plus side, seems pretty great that we’re all so excited.

9 Likes

Tom Petty was right…

“The waiting is the hardest part.”

6 Likes

Just got charged. Shipping soon email sent. Ordered i5 DIY Oct 16.

4 Likes

1165g7 here ordered Oct 13th

No word yet.

I’m so out of my mind excited.

3 Likes

just heard from my dad his card got charged and that the order will be shipped in few business days. im guessing no more then a week in shipping to the GTA. so excited!

2 Likes

Got my charge last night on my DIY i7-1165G7. So far that makes it:

2021-10-20: ordered
2021-11-01: batch notification email
2021-11-16: preparing my order email
2021-11-18: charge and charge email

Home stretch.

1 Like

That’s a bit unusual, My i7-1165G7 order was a day after you and I already have a tracking number. I suppose your ordering page still says “Pre-Order Confirmed”? Check that spam folder just in case they failed to charge the card too.

I emailed and added a couple of items to my order so probably my own fault. Support was swift in answering me when I made the request and assured me there would not be an issue getting me in Nov still. Also, I got the fancy 1TB nvme. That could also be part of it. I know most people are bringing their own storage. I still have all the faith.

It’s not in order. See @hardtimefor1 above:

Someone ordered this on the weekend and got their card charged a handful of hours ago.

There are people who ordered in the second half of October (or later) who have their machines, and people who ordered in the first half of October who are still on their first email.

As for me: my order page changed from Pre-Order Confirmed to Pre-Order Placed, but I’m still on my first email. I did search my spam folder just in case. Maybe ordering the fancy 1 TB storage is part of it :slight_smile:

I ordered 10/21 and still on my first email, but I also did play pen pals with support about order-tweaking. I assume they just want to keep us around and writing to them longer.

5 Likes

That might explain it since I ordered mine on October 31st and I included a 1TB nvme in it. They could be a little bit short on nvme drives

I’m still waiting and I ordered on Oct 15 with just a 500GB SN850 NVMe.
But I did add an item to my order just a week ago.

My i7-1165G7 / 1TB SN850 / 16GBx2 order on October 14th should be here this weekend, and that’s with an order modification a couple weeks ago. I guess there’s something else at play we’re just not seeing.

At the very least, I hope your guys’ waits are all short, and your laptop’s life long.

3 Likes

Just want to update, Timeline for my order
I7-1165G7 with only the WiFi card,
Ordered Oct 19
first email Nov 1
second email Nov 16
Card Charged & 3rd email Nov 18
Shipped today, the 19th, set to arrive tomorrow the 20th

1 Like

Just got an email! Framework is preparing to ship my order! I ordered on 28 October. I am unbelievably excited did a literal victory dance since I wasn’t expecting any email until at least next week. Seems like most of batch 5 will be able to get before December as promised.

After placing an order a little over 2 weeks ago, I got my preparing to ship email earlier than expected.

3 Likes

My email saying it’s preparing to ship just came in!

1 Like