FW16 Batch 19 Guild

Super happy with the build, and it took a lot less time than I thought it would. Less of a build it yourself, and more of an, install a couple components. Now the hard part is, what OS do I go with? I love windows 10, but for one, they are getting rid of it soon, and two, windows has become a sucky company over the years. I’m thinking of Linux, but I have zero experience with that.
IMG_2724|690x388

t

6 Likes

She arrived! Installing Arch, she looks great - no issues with the screen or module spacing.

4 Likes

I have 0 experience with Linux myself, but I’m going to try it with this laptop for the same reason and to just feel like I have full ownership of this laptop.

2 Likes

Received 4 hours ago, overall I feel pretty good about it. Not as an elegant design as fw 13 though.

1 Like

I have put Win10 on a 256GB 2230 drive that I picked up for a son on eBay, to use when I absolutely have to use windows because stuff won’t run on Linux using Wine. I have put Linux on a 4TB 2280 drive.

Welp, headed home to my special delivery!!

4 Likes

I guess I need to commit to an OS too. Kind of thinking I’ll run Windows 11 (yuck, but I can make it work for me with tweaks) & maybe have Linux on a second drive.

Happy for all those that got theirs so far! I just found out mine is stuck in customs in Alaska :frowning:

2 Likes

i feel like im in a dream…

1 Like

Same here

1 Like

same ‘boat’

Same here. Stuck at clearance…

1 Like

My order just shipped! FW16 + dGPU ordered on 23 April 2024 to Poland

Hooray! Mine has just been shipped, too!
Ordered on April 19th to UK.

Relief! Mine has finally been shipped. I was already worried that it would no longer be sent.

I thought i was the only one with the clearance delay

2 Likes

Mine stopped in Anchorage at about the same time. Wonder if they’re just swamped/seeing delays there generally. Well, my dreams of getting it this weekend seem far fetched, but at least it’s in the same country as me?.. :slight_smile:

Have it too sadly.

1 Like

Sadly they only deliver on workdays.

1 Like

I’m also showing a clearance delay in AK. Delivery exception is 2 days.